Waste not, want not - KAZAKHSTAN’S FIRST FIGHTER DESIGN

Started by kitbasher, July 22, 2008, 01:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Now I've found out this profile
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=14441.0;attach=8536
is in the profiles and CGI section at http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,14441.0.html, Kazakhstan's first fighter design is now my entry into this GB.  The earlier bits to this thread can be found at http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,20891.0.html.  High Five! ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitbasher

Okey cokey, here's the profile:

Like I mentioned earlier, it's one of Chap's P-40 profiles that's he posted up in the Profiles and CGI section in February last year. ;D ;D
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitbasher

2 quick progress shots.  Wings on, some interior strengthening with plastic card (a bit like a gaenacolygist wallpapering his hall through the letterbox) ready for some filling and (oh yawn) sanding.

Oh yes, and changing the wingtips. ;D ;D

kitbasher

Slow progress this last week or so.  Filling more or less done (but no sanding), rudder fitted and the engine nacelle almost complete:

Oh, and the back story started. ;D ;D

John Howling Mouse

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

kitbasher

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on August 09, 2008, 03:05:27 PM
Any sanding done since?
Sadly not, mon brave.  Competing demands of work, decorating and the fun detector mean I've only been able to do a little more filling.  designed some smallish decals to go on the finished item, though.  Day off work tomorrow, so hopefully more done then. ;D ;D

kitbasher

The sanding has now been done - more filling and sanding will be needed once piming reveals blemishes, etc.  Tailplanes have been added; the P-40 items looked totally wrong, so another mod has been the addition of a pair of very old items from the very ancient original Revell Hurricane (the only resemeblence this kit had to the Hawker Hurricane was the name, I seem to remember).  Suddenly things are coming together..... ;D ;D

kitbasher

Some further progress this week.  Filling and sanding (phase 1) done, u/c legs and doors attached, primer added.  Some more sanding needed to get rid of the remaining blemishes, etc.
Hoping to finish the cockpit interior and add the canopy this week, and move further forward with the painting.
The shot of the Airfix Kittyhawk gives some idea of the changes for what will be know as the Sagdeyev Sag-1 'Borat'.  Also, that particular model was going o be chopped up to provide the engine and spinner for an ongoing project featured elsewhere on the forum, and the wings were going to my Gloster Guardian.  I've a Hasegawa Kittyhawk in the wings to be built as a replacement for the Airfix item, but I just can't bring myself to chop it up yet!  Daft I know (especially as the model was built about 11 years ago!), but I guess it's because I remember an Airfix Kittyhawk as being one of my very first painted and decalled models.  Ah, childhood.   ;D ;D

John Howling Mouse

You're getting there....very believable---can't wait to see you hit it with paint.   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

kitbasher

Funny you should say that......

Hoping to be done by Thursday - off on holiday to sunny Cyprus and don't want to miss the GB deadline.    ;D ;D

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Brian da Basher

I really like how well you've modified the original kit, kitbasher and your paintwork is absolutely crackerjack!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I hope you have a great time on holiday!
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

Daryl J.

kitbasher

Almost there - backstory done, model essentially finished with some general tidying up still to do (touching up paint, matting, weathering, etc).   
;D ;D