K

SAAF AH-7 Aardwolf

Started by K5054NZ, July 14, 2008, 09:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K5054NZ

Hi all!

Take one Kitech 1:48 Airwolf Helicopter:

Add an MSN convo with Damian2, everyone's favourite South African, and hey presto: desert Airwolf!

As I'm doing it as a desk display model, I left out the interior. Plus I wanted it NOW!

Desk display means a stand and a semi-dynamic pose. Witness!

Updates as and when.

Oh, the scheme will likely be a variation of this:

AeroplaneDriver

Looking good Zac, but you're a brave man for buying anything with that box art!!   ;D
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

B777LR

^^^^

Yes indeed, i smell Zengdefu :blink:

Damian2

Oh man this is going to be soooo cool! And I'm not just saying that 'cause its SAAF :)

Way to go Zack!!!

D
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

PanzerWulff

and there is a few OOPS's in the instructions such as they have you sticking the fairing that goes on the nose above where the windscreen is and they would have you put the jet booster exhausts IN the Intakes LOL :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

PanzerWulff

I felt like digging up some of my airwolf stuff for ya here's some of the origional concept design drawings

I hope these are usefull or just inspiring
"Panzer
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

AeroplaneDriver

I used to know the guy who flew 'Airwolf' for the tv show.  He said that with all the fibreglass and crap they tacked on to it, it would only do about 90kts.   :lol:

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: PanzerWulff on July 15, 2008, 06:46:21 AM
I felt like digging up some of my airwolf stuff for ya here's some of the origional concept design drawings
I hope these are usefull or just inspiring
"Panzer

Cool, I never realized the concept dwgs were done by Andy Probert: thanks for posting those!
So, I have the old AMT kit and I think the Hobbycraft one somewhere, too.  Is the HC a reboxing of the AMT one?
Is Zac's new KiTech version also a reboxing of the AMT original or a re-cast mold with new features?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

cthulhu77

Kitech remolds /repops old molds.

Thank God !  I was looking for an Blue Thunder kit last year...and was flabbergasted by the cost.

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: cthulhu77 on July 15, 2008, 05:44:49 PM
Kitech remolds /repops old molds.

Thank God !  I was looking for an Blue Thunder kit last year...and was flabbergasted by the cost.

There are a ton of Kitech BT and Airwolf kits that go usold on ebay at $6.99.

LemonJello

At $6.99, you could do a lot with those Blue Thunder/Airwolf kits -- all sorts of evil goodness.

Can't wait to see more on this build.
The Corps is a department of the Navy? Yeah, the Men's department.

K5054NZ

Quote from: PanzerWulff on July 15, 2008, 06:36:30 AM
and there is a few OOPS's in the instructions such as they have you sticking the fairing that goes on the nose above where the windscreen is and they would have you put the jet booster exhausts IN the Intakes LOL :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
"Panzer"
*grins broadly as he DID notice the exhaust-in-intake bit, but blushes as he made the mistake of putting the fairing up top*

Hmm. Not the most accurate kit of this fictitious type then, Lee? :( Ah well - mine is an in-service SAAF AH-7 so any flaws could actually be PART of such a machine! :P

LemonJello - Yes, at the price it really is a steal! If you've always wanted an Airwolf, Blue Thunder or BOTH but the price put you off, then by all means hunt down the Kitech kits. Experience doing early Eastern European kits helps :). Also, at this price, you're not whiffing a collector's item :D:D. STOCKPILE!

JHM - Didn't know HC did one, too! Some of Kitech's kits are ex-Hobbycraft, such as a 1:24 MD500.

Greg - fret no more, son! Hunt one down today!

No progress tonight as my camera's gone AWOL :( and I can't be bothered doing the filler underneath. Yet.