TSR.2 CGI (from 'Strike Fighters')

Started by SPINNERS, July 12, 2008, 08:11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPINNERS

Hi everyone. Firstly, I hope you don't mind me posting this here but I found it on another site and thought you might enjoy it too.

The TSR.2 will eventually become available as an 'add-on' aircraft for the Third Wire Productions 'Strike Fighters' series of flight sims (it's a game really I suppose). Both the 3D model (Bongodriver) and the skins (Sundowner) are by talented Brits and the forthcoming release is creating as much 'what-if' speculation and salivation as did the release of the 1/72 scale Airfix TSR.2 a few years back.

Update - It's on its way but real world stuff has just slowed things down on the 3D model a bit. As pre-production screenshots are released I'll post them here (all screenshots are courtesy of Sundowner over at CombatACE).

SPINNERS

A few more screenshots of the TSR.2 by Sundowner who created these amazing skins!

Mossie

Mmmmm, snow camo! ;D  I like those two alternative schemes, they'd look particularly good with West German markings.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Captain Canada

Beauty ! Love the one with the Lightning....

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TsrJoe

:wub: those are beautiful, i really like that oversnow scheme

cheers, Joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

GTX

Love those last 2.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

SPINNERS

SPINNERS

Well it's finally been released so here are some of my first what if's...

More piccies at my thread on the Profiles and CGI section.

SPINNERS

Ordering DamienB's book has whetted my appetite for this amazing British aircraft.

SPINNERS

BAC Thunderstrike GR.4 - No.20 Squadron, RAF Middle East Command, 1991

Skyraider3D

Here's my CGI TSR2: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,30757.0.html

Perhaps I should do a more exciting colour scheme next too. I saw someone do an Israeli one... now that looked seriously cool.
Please visit my aviation art and photography gallery plus webstore at
www.aviationart.aero
or find me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/aviationart.aero

Mossie

Hoping to have my own personal copy of that print soon, attached to the book of course! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

SPINNERS

rallymodeller

Looks good. Question: Is this a new model or an adaptation of the Alphasim/Virtavia Flight Sim aircraft?
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D