Surgery over and done

Started by Gary, July 10, 2008, 04:14:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Well, I am impressed in the advances in medicine. I had a tummy hernia repair done yesterday and was up walking about an hour after the surgery. I am cut open from belly button to sternum and a mesh placed in as this was the third time that this incision was repaired, yet I feel great. The last time I had this hernia repaired I was in hospital for a week and still felt like crap for a week afterwards.
Best of all, I may be able to finish the 1 week build!
Getting back into modeling

nev

I truss you'll be feeling better soon...

Sorry, someone had to say it.  That'll be me coat over there.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

cthulhu77

Quote from: nev on July 10, 2008, 05:24:06 AM
I truss you'll be feeling better soon...

Sorry, someone had to say it.  That'll be me coat over there.

now, that wasn't nice ! Funny, yes...

Yeah, modern outpatient surgery is amazing. Glad to hear everything went well, and you should be feeling better quickly !

sotoolslinger

Well as the vivisectionists are going to hack up my right knee next Monday this makes me feel much better ;D Glad you are doing well :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Howard of Effingham

glad to hear that you are ok.

so how's the modelling doing now!? or is that a silly question to ask?

trevor
Keeper of George the Cat.

Spey_Phantom

i hope you make a quick complete recovery, its amazing that you can complete a 1week GB so soon after surgery  :o
my father had a similar operation a few years back and he had to stay in hospital for over a week.
isnt modern medicine amazing  :rolleyes:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

AeroplaneDriver

The cynic in me often wonders how many out patient surgeries are insurance company driven (especially here in the US), but in your case it sounds great!    :thumbsup:

Presumably you are on some pretty good pain meds, so I'll be looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the One Weeker!!  ;D
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Captain Canada

Quote from: Gary on July 10, 2008, 04:14:14 AM
was up walking about an hour after the surgery

What ? Couldn't find anybody else to go to the fridge and grab you that beer ?

Glad to hear all went well, gary !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Brian da Basher

Best wishes for your continued recovery, Gary! It's great you're already back at the bench!
Brian da Basher

Patrick H

Glad to hear you're doing fine Gary. Modern surgery can do miracles.

A speedy recovery and good luck on your build

My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

Rafael

Glad to hear you're up and runnin' again, Gary!! :thumbsup:

I look forward to your 1WGB entry, specially if you're loaded with with medication!! :drink: :blink: :bow:

Salud!

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

The Rat

Glad to hear everything's okay Gary, didn't even know you were going in. Now belly up to the bar, but don't bust a gut laughing at the jokes because we couldn't stomach it.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

BlackOps

Gary, glad things went well. Be very thankful your Doc wasn't a what-If fan or you might be sporting a new set of jugs  ;D

Don't over do it, don't want to hear your going in for round four because you thought you were superman!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Gary

Thanks to all, but you're not gonna believe this. About 2 hours after I made the post about my surgery, I asked my son to drive me to Wallmart to get some Rubbermaid containers for my books. We were at a red light and a guy in a jeep slammed into the back of us. My son was fine but I was pretty torn up. Something about blood pooling beneath the surgical site as a result of torn blood vessels in an already torn open area. My shoulder and neck are a mess too because I could hear him sliding and I turned to see what was happening behind us. Got home at midnight.

I am seriously stoned from the new meds I am on. Waaaay more powerful than Tylenol 3's. Poor fuzzy bunny in the jeep felt awful and called last night to see if I was OK. He felt really badly about it. No real damage so frig insurance and such. Maybe I should make him buy me a new airbrush!

Kim says I have a grey cloud over my head. Shleprock from the Flintstones
Getting back into modeling

BlackOps

:o  Well, I'd say stay in bed but there is always the option of a freak meteor strike  :banghead:  Glad your OK! Maybe you need one of these  :tank: to commute in.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.