K

WTD: 1:72 F8F Bearcat

Started by K5054NZ, July 09, 2008, 11:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K5054NZ

Hi all

Yup, any make is fine. Let me know your price :) I'm keen to get one.

Oh, and in case you want to know what I intend to do with it: http://www.airshowbuzz.com/videos/view.php?v=7dfa9f65  :blink:

philp

Sorry Zac,
Mine in already in the paint shop for RN Korea.

Think there is a 72nd kit of Rare Bear from Rare Planes (in your neck of the woods).  Pretty expensive on this side of the planet though.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

kitnut617

High Planes Philp, not Rare Planes although I think they did do a vacuform kit of it too.  Try here Zac:

http://www.hiplanes.dragnet.com.au/new/1_72_racers/race_7214.htm
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

philp

Sure, sure, correct my English  -_-.
Must have confused myself with Rare Bear (at least, thats my story and I'm sticking to it).
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

K5054NZ

Mmmm oh yes, I'm a regular visitor to the High Planes website! Thing is I have a dio in mind so I only need a fairly basic model - test my scratchbuilding and bashing. Want to do a Mustang and Fury too. Thanks anyways guys :).

BTW just ordered one of their 1:48 "Precious Metal" Griffon P-51Ds. Mmmmmmmmmmmm contraprop.........

sequoiaranger

Hey Zac! I have the Frog one (pretty good) and the Monogram one (VERY GOOD).

Gotta deal for you!  My wife and I love the extra long plastic baggies that New Zealand makes, but we can' t get them here in the Colonies. I'll make a trade: the two kits for a box of the baggies!

The bags we like are approx 26cm wide by 40cm long and are "Glad Snap-lock" brand. you can probably use the same box that I ship the models in.

Deal?

BTW, here is my Bearcat whif---an "Early" Bearcat with a three-bladed prop and turtle-decking from an F4F Wildcat. At first glance it would appear to be a Hellcat, but it ain't! Markings are Alex Vraciu when he shot down seven Japanese aircraft at the Battle of the Philippine Sea (Mariana Turkey Shoot).
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Brian da Basher

I built the Monogram Bearcat as a lad. It was a real honey of a kit!

Brian da Basher

kitnut617

Quote from: sequoiaranger on July 11, 2008, 09:37:31 AM

BTW, here is my Bearcat whif---an "Early" Bearcat with a three-bladed prop and turtle-decking from an F4F Wildcat. At first glance it would appear to be a Hellcat, but it ain't! Markings are Alex Vraciu when he shot down seven Japanese aircraft at the Battle of the Phillipine Sea (Mariana Turkey Shoot).

Now that looks neat  :thumbsup:

K5054NZ

Glad bags for the Monogram one sounds good to me!  :thumbsup:

EDIT: just reread your post and saw BOTH kits! Sweet as! Got your lettering to return and something else as a thankyou ;)

sequoiaranger

Now I'm in between "Glad All Over" (Dave Clark 5 song, c. 1964!) and "Papa's Got a Brand New Bag" (James Brown, 1965--am I dating myself??)

The Monogram kit has very thin but fine plastic. Frog kit has thicker plastic for re-shaping or maybe as a "rough draft" for your conversion. Several times I have taken an "inferior" kit to work out in plastic my whif before attempting a nicer and more sophisticated version. You'll have to decide for yourself.

But...Deal! Today is Saturday and the post office closes early. I will get the two kits off to you pronto on Monday! Wife will be very pleased!

sequoiaranger

WOW! I would have SWORN I had the Monogram Bearcat, but a re-check has it a TIGERCAT (my list was checked off kinda in-between lines and I attributed it to the Bearcat--SO SORRY!).

I do have the FROG Bearcat, however. Not many of THOSE around!

Now I feel terrible. I can throw in the Tigercat (lovely engine nacelles for other whiffs!), or ANYTHING else I have. I no longer have any Mossies, but I do have Spits. Lemme know.

K5054NZ

Hmm. Any P-51Ds? Like the Airfix one? Looking to do Dago Red, Strega etc for my dio too. Alternatively, anything 1:48  :rolleyes:

Actually, Tigercat would be cool!

kitnut617

Zac, if you're doing a Reno Racer type of dio' then there was a Tigercat at last years Reno races

K5054NZ

Big Bossman!  ;D Lovely sight! That's why I said yes to a Tigercat.....also, bought the Flying Legends 2005 DVD a week ago, the F7F on that is awesome!

sequoiaranger

You're welcome to the Tigercat if you want it.

>Hmm. Any P-51Ds? Like the Airfix one? <

I have an Airfix P-51 B/C but not a "D". I have several Hasegawa P-51D's, a Matchbox "D", several FROG P-51A's and a Modelnews A-36 Apache. I also have a vac-form P-51H conversion fuselage.

What's your pleasure to supplement the Frog Bearcat?