"Aggresive" Eagles

Started by Shasper, July 07, 2008, 07:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shasper

So uh yeah, work's been keepin me busy & the model bug had a nasty run in w/t Orkin man, but I have been working on a couple of things:

A Pair of Revell 1/100 "easy kit" F-15s prepainted in 318th FIS colors get a new lease on life as Aggressors!

This one is my lone entry into the 1WGB & will be finished in a 3-tone camo (the first 2 tones still need touch up work) with some stores from the spares box.

Thanks to Mav, I've got an entry for the Profiles GB. Camo still needs some work (trying to make a 3-D pattern from a side view isnt easy) plus externals.
Both kits are due for new roundles, Bort #s and some extra decals to complete the REDAIR look.

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

AeroplaneDriver

Eagles that aren't gray?????  How's that going to work???

;D

Looking good Shas!!
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Shasper

Not sure AD, not sure ;)

I'm hittin' a brickwall here in regards to the 1WGB bird, not sure what kind of mattern or intensity to use for the next color (USMC Green). Whatever I think of just aint feelin right.

Any thoughts fellas?

Shas 8)
- Bud S.

Sisko

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Shasper

Test shot that, and it didnt "feel" right. I ended up settling on USMC Green 'cuz it looks almost like black when placed against the sand/lt. ghost gray camo. For whatever reason I cant come up w/a pattern to use.

Shas 8)
- Bud S.

Shasper

Where bird no. 2 stands as of this afternoon:

Shas 8)
- Bud S.

Shasper

And both kits as they are now:

Work's been keeping me busy so I havent had time nor energy to get back to work on these, but with the end of the term coming up in a few wks I'll get some down time & hopefully finish these beauts.

Shas 8)
- Bud S.

sotoolslinger

Oh my, good luck with your schoolwork, not so much for your grades , but just so you can go back to work on these absolute beauties. :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Shasper

Thx mate. . . studying for an FAA practical isnt exciting or easy :-/

Shas 8)
- Bud S.

AeroplaneDriver

Just remember Shas, on the Practical making a mistake isnt the killer, it's not recognizing and fixing the mistake that will get you.  And dont forget on the Oral, that knowing where to find something can be just as important (or even moreso) as memorizing it.

Shasper

- Bud S.

John Howling Mouse

Good luck on the exam.  Back to the airplane models, what I like best is the contrast b/w the two of them.  Hopefully, you'll be displaying the pair side-by-side on the shelf!   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Shasper

Holy birdfeathers Batman! Has it really been about a month since I messed with these? Gee time flies when yer gettin old. . .

Anyway, to make a long story short I'm without wheels & my gf of sorts is hacked off at me so I did what any sensible fella would do . . . break out the paint! Just about done on the final coat of green & started the final detailings on bird #2. . . think y'all will like the changes ;)

Pics to come

Shas 8)
- Bud S.

Shasper

Like I said earlier:

Finished the extended metal area on the engine area (matches the underside & simulates the Flanker's engine area), touched up the dk green striping & the canopy braces, and brushed on the sealing coat of Future.

Notice anything?
Added a false canopy for giggles ;-)

And the other surprise you couldnt see earlier. . . the radome color got changed to a very light gray (the black didnt sit well, and I couldnt swap radomes with the other bird so out came the paintbrushes)

Got the easy part done, now to finish the stores & paint the verticles w/o screwing up the pre-applied tail art. . .

Shas 8)
- Bud S.

AeroplaneDriver

I really like the black demarkation between the camo.  It really highlights the two colors.  Nice!