Arado 'Blitzen' Bomber

Started by Glenn, December 15, 2003, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

The Arado 'Blitzen' was the last of the Ar-234's built. Much bigger than the normal Blitz, this bomber had more powerful engines and all swept surfaces. Clocking a maxium speed of 950kph and used as a bomber/ recon platform. Not built in large numbers, (5~6) they were destroyed before falling into Allied hands.
After WW2, the Russians produced the Il-28, using the plans from this aircraft, for the swept surfaces. Also, unlike the other Ar-234's, the main undercart retracts into the engine pods, giving a wide track.

Scale    1/100
Kits used    Fuselage/Tail/Tailplanes and Engines    VEB Il-28  1/100
                Cockpit canopy    Frog Ar-234 Blitz   1/72
                Wing   Airfix Me-262A  1/72

John Howling Mouse

ENCROYABLE!!!

(Ollie, did I spell it right?)

Blitzen?  Donner and Cupid can't be far behind?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Tophe

Nice bird of yours, Lyn. This one may be wonderful on a shelf close to a classical Ar-234 (or in flight together, no ?). Maybe I will look in my archives to appreciate how this is What-if... just a dream of what might have been ? or true history of an aircraft not mass-produced ?
Anyway, thanks...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

For JHM (before Ollie comes here) : the French write Incredible as Incroyable, but I understand it is very difficult : my wife learning French did not find a way to write our pronunciation of AN-ON-UN - those nose-sounds of us (Ollie will understand) do not exist in Filipino nor in English... I hope next generations will be educated in English all, worldwide. I mean it (this is not a joke for me), even if I accept different opinions, of course.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

nev

Looks great Glenn.  What did you use to make it?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

lancer

QuoteLooks great Glenn. What did you use to make it?

Err, I think it was a model kit Nev.... :lol:  :lol:  ;) but I can't be sure... :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :ph34r:  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Ollie

Barry, as Tophe said, it's INCROYABLE.  Speaking of which, yankees speak more with their noses than English people.

I'm against English all over the place, it'll be too boring then!  Vive le français!

Ollie

And Nev, I believe Glenn states the kits he used in his post!

Nice job Glenn!

nev

QuoteAnd Nev, I believe Glenn states the kits he used in his post!

DOH!

:wacko:  :wacko:  :dum:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May