You can keep your girly Spitfires & Mustangs

Started by nev, December 15, 2003, 01:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

After giving up on my SoR I searched with desperation for a nice easy kit to build OOB before I tackle my Trumpeter Spitfire in the new year.....many kits were picked up, examined, put down again as being unsuitable.  My spirits dropped, my morale sunk.........40 odd kits and I didn't want to build one!

But then!  There it was!  Hidden away at the bottom of a pile.......come to Daddy!  :wub:  :wub:

The fact that the kit building starts with Humbrol 78, Cockpit Green, MY FAVOURITE EVER PAINT! is just a bonus.  I still remember its distinctive smell from my youth....its excellent coverage qualities......and the fact that its a really nice green!  :wub:

With Queen on the stereo....Brighton Rock blaring out lifting my spirits........

Nevs back baby!  Nevs back...  :party:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ollie

lancer

Nev, that bench of yours looks disgustilngly tidy and organised.......scary!!!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Supertom

"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

nev

QuoteNice Jug Nev!  Which boxing is it?
Its the Hasegawa 1/48 bubbletop RAF SEA one  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Nigel Bunker

Aren't the wings the wrong shape on that Spitfire?
Life's too short to apply all the stencils

Ollie

QuoteI think that's the Hasegawa boxing

I could see that, having built one last year, but I was wondering about which exact box it was.

Thanks for the answer Nev!

nev

Update - main construction complete.  First coat of primer on.  On the Port wing, behing the MG holes you can see a dark spot.  Thats were I rested it upside down after spraying it, without realising that a piece of my makeshift stand was *just* touching that wing, leaving a nice gouge in my freshly primed paint  :angry:

So now I'll have to sand and respray it....  :angry:  Which isn't such a bad thing as it builds up the colour density of the white ID bands that the plane features.

Barring disasters, I should have this baby finished well before the end of January.  Hows that for Ollie-esque building?

John Howling Mouse

QuoteBarring disasters, I should have this baby finished well before the end of January.  Hows that for Ollie-esque building?
Well, from the guy who's still plopping on coat after coat of Future on my own models so that, one fine day, I can actually decal them, I'd say the end of January would be pretty impressive....

aaaaaaa...

:blink:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Captain Canada

Looking good, Nevster !

How ya gonna finish it ? Canadian ?

:wub:  :wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

Nah, like I said earlier - RAF SEA, with the neat blue roundels and green/brown camo  :wub:  

Captain Canada

D'oh.....I missed that part !

Someday I'll take a few pics of the 72nd scale bird I built about a decade ago......with hand painted SEA roundels !

They do look cool that way.......

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

Main painting is complete, just touch ups & detail painting to do then I can gloss coat, decal & matt coat.  Can I really build an entire model in 1 month????  :o

Sorry its a bit dark, it looked a lot brighter on my photo software.....

Ollie

Excellent Nev!  I really like it!

My shop is closed because I can't find any bloody Flat Coat!!

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  

Captain Canada

Ollie, if you ask nicely three times, I've got a brand new bottle of Humrol Matt Cote I could send your way !

And...looking good, Nev !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?