mitsubishi northru(o)p/grumman blohm und voss ATD, VF/XF/YF/FA/F-22,4,7,9 -X,Y,Z

Started by DaFROG, July 06, 2008, 02:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaFROG

Or something

Yes today work has started on several things firstly this:

followed by this

and a side serving of this

then some of this

This is the proficied VF22 Su27 style version to feature extended wings and other niftyness

Confession: I actually completed one of these before the build start time by accident and without using any tools or glue  ;D

Eddie M.

Look behind you!

DaFROG

Almost all major food groups represented, even had fruit (pinapple) and vegetables (pizza sauce) :party: :party: :party:

progress has progressed progressively

just some more shots of the SV22/Su27 type version with added spine (made of flattened plastic tube).

The unmodified F22 in the photos is stock and is going to be the RAAF version

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

cthulhu77

Spey_Phantom

small but interesting, i will have to watch how these turn out  ;D

man, i need a pizza and a pie  :drink:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

sotoolslinger

And now I am even more annoyed because I just noticed how small these superb little birds are :banghead: ;D
and I'm still hungry :rolleyes: :party:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

DaFROG

I've done beer for breakfast before, it's not a good look.  :drink:
It's not a pie its bread (DaFROG's special racing bread, of which a key ingredient is pumpkin soup :wacko:)

The basis of these planes are 1/200 (or so I am told) revell minikits which i bought for $1 each about 5 years ago, unfortunately they didn't come with candy  >:(

puddingwrestler

There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

DaFROG

latest updates: I managed to escape from work early (read only 1/2 hour late) only to have to go to dinner with furture mother in law.

Still on teh VF22/Su27 style one the ATD-X requires only a canopy mod and teh satelite killer is all strap ons :o :o :o :o hopefully stick them together by the weekend then paint them all together

DaFROG

some more progress, the VF22/Su27 thingee has turned into a satelite killer as well.
The external tank on the F22 might be a tad big and i have a sneaking suspicion that the only way to get the F22 off the ground with the missile strapped on would be ZLL :wacko:

John Howling Mouse

Amazing, in any scale.  In 1:200, this is sheer madness, I tell you!   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

DaFROG

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on July 09, 2008, 09:10:48 AM
Amazing, in any scale.  In 1:200, this is sheer madness, I tell you!   :thumbsup:

The small scale actually makes it easier, there are less parts and parts like the fuselage are massively thick in relation to their overall size allowing easy alignment and butt joints to hold it all together. Also I don't have to worry about panel lines (I will be drawing some on with a very fine pencil to add a bit of detail more than anything else). I also don't have to use industrial bog/bondo or epoxy putty that takes ages to dry unlike some of the builds for this GB whic have gaps bigger than and wntire one of these models to fill ;D
Ohh no LG to stuff around with (and get in the way of stupidly oversize satelite killer missiles)

Those missiles BTW are an unholy union between 1000LB laser guided bombs and bits of some AAM that tornados carry, which have these weird cranked foreplanes (is it a sparrow??)

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

DaFROG

nice call pyro given the crap info and pics ;D

MUCH PSR has occured but i have a birthday party tonight and work tomorow hopefully i can get some paint on and dried in time (eyes hair dryer)