So I finally went and actually finished a build

Started by Julhelm, July 04, 2008, 10:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julhelm

And it's a 1/144 F-8 Crusader that I picked up in Japan as a 2-in-1 box. Not a whiff (sorry, but I have the other model earmarked for that) but the paintscheme looks cool anyway I think.

Cheers,

Nils
On the bench:

Post-apocalyptic Beaufighter

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

AeroplaneDriver

Even though I'm a whiffer though-and-through, I absolutely love a Crusader in gull gray over white.  Beautiful!
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

John Howling Mouse

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

cthulhu77

Holy mother of pearl !!!   I thought that I was good at small scale stuff...that is mind-blowing work, fantastic is not even close. 
Awesome, perhaps?

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Taiidantomcat

Those Canopy frames are incredible!! how'd you do that?
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

B777LR

Sisko

Nice stuff! Really has that scruffy navy look around it.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Julhelm

If you mean the yellow outlining on the canopy frame, that's actually a decal :D

The whole flame around the intake was one big decal as well which gave me a headache until I split it into parts along with copious use of Future.

The rest of the model is brushpainted with Vallejo acrylics.

So anyone think I could submit this to ARC without getting ripped apart?
On the bench:

Post-apocalyptic Beaufighter

Eddie M.

That is outsanding! I like because I could pull up some my photos to show just right on you are with the weathering. After a long cruise, jets get dirty and I like that! :thumbsup: :cheers:
   Eddie
Look behind you!

Brian da Basher

I'd go ahead and submit it Julhelm. I agree with Eddie that you've done a superb job of weathering on this beauty. Excellent work!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

This is me ,jaw on floor(makes it hard to type)  ;D man I have a hard time with 1/48 bi-planes.I can't imagine 1/144 .the effin thing is smaller than an x acto :wub: :wub: :wub: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: you go ahead and show it on ARC .If anyone gives you problems I will personally kick their butt. ;D :party:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Ed S

Good looking model.  Nice job on a little jet.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

noxioux

Awesome.  Those tiny kits are so darn sexy!