Cool pic on Google Earth

Started by The Rat, July 03, 2008, 08:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

The satellite must have snapped 3 pictures in fairly rapid succession as it passed over Frankfurt, because there is an image showing 3 airliners taking off line astern from the airport, and 3 shadows. Not yer standard procedure! See it here:

50°03'06.25"N 8°36'59.69"E
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

Pretty neat stuff, Rat !

What's up with all the Globemasters and C-5s ?

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

Quote from: Captain Canada on July 03, 2008, 08:28:05 PMWhat's up with all the Globemasters and C-5s ?

Dunno, stocking up on decent beer?
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

DaFROG

It the rising price of jetfuel I tells ya one of those planes is towing the other two :party:

Who said you can't see panel lines of real world aircraft some of the lines on the C17's etc can be seen from outer space ;D

(yes i have been at work for all together too long today and will likely be there for even longer, I'll stop posting now)

blue520

For the people without Google Earth, it can be also seen on the web via Google Maps.
Google Maps 50°03'06.25"N 8°36'59.69"E

Scooterman

Quote from: DaFROG on July 04, 2008, 12:38:06 AM
Who said you can't see panel lines of real world aircraft some of the lines on the C17's etc can be seen from outer space ;D

Not to be a JMN, but those ain't panel line, those are the walkway stripes.........

The Rat

Quote from: Scooterman on July 04, 2008, 12:11:26 PM

Not to be a JMN, but those ain't panel line, those are the walkway stripes.........

Or maybe Matchbox was a sub-contractor?

B777LR

I know Google Earth has begun using aircraft to take these photos. They are of higher quality than satelites. This would explain why the 747 appeared 3 times :thumbsup:

As for all the military planes, i beleive they are headed to the great big sand pit of Iraq or A-stan. They refuel in Frankfurt. The 2 World MD-11s are on military air charter. Probably full of soldiers. They might have disembarked to a C-17 though, coz the MD-11s cant land in Kandahar...

Scooterman

Quote from: The Rat on July 04, 2008, 03:14:36 PM
Quote from: Scooterman on July 04, 2008, 12:11:26 PM

Or maybe Matchbox was a sub-contractor?
LOL!!   :lol:

B777LR

Hey, that photo is OLD.......

1. Lufthansa Cargo hasnt had 747-200Fs since 2005

2. Lufthansa flies 20 A340-600 today, i would be suprised if not a single one was at Frankfurt.

3. Lufthansa hasnt had A310s since 2005

4. There hasnt been blue British Midland Fokker 100s since 2005

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

PR19_Kit

What are they doing THERE of all places?  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 04, 2010, 02:58:44 PM
What are they doing THERE of all places?  :o

Beats me - there's all kinds of stuff tucked away around there though: I was actually looking for a Vampire that our ex-rep showed me when we were driving around one day.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Steel Penguin

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: ok thats just odd,
or are any of the bretherin up there going for 1:1 scale and letting the rest of us know?
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!