B

Whiff this: Neoplan Cityliner N 1216 HD

Started by B777LR, July 01, 2008, 11:32:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B777LR

http://www.modellversium.de/kit/artikel.php?id=3577

So, how to whiff a bus...

My 10 ideas:

1.Improvised AA vehicle. Remove the roof and seats, fit AA gun.
2. Converted freighter. Plug windows, removed interior, fit cargo hatch in the side. Sorta like how you convert pax aircraft into freighters :wacko:
3. Large APV. Fit armour, and very small windows. Possibly HUMVEE wheels.
4. Improvised tank killer. Remove roof and seats, fit a medium sized anti-tank gun.
5. Large road going railway gun. Sorta like the Leopold, just a bit smaller, and fitted to a bus...
6. Road battleship. Lots of armour, an 88mm anti tank gun (located next to the driver, is fixed like the gun of a Stug), some lighter AA guns on the roof, remove many windows and fit armour instear.
7. Racing bus. (Le Mans ;D)
8. Stretch bus, like A340-600
9. Mobile helicopter landing patch.
10. Shrink, like the 747SP

pyro-manic

Supersized gun truck? A load of .50s and miniguns down the sides, and a 40mm Bofors up front.

Or a camouflaged ballistic missile launcher...
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

puddingwrestler

For some time I've been planning to build a post apocalyptic Armageddon Armored Bus Co. 666 class bus (a vital part of my Apocalypso! Rapid action skirmish RPG) but I think I need an older model of bus. Not so sleek. Also the price and size of such a bus would be daunting to me.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Scooterman

Simple!

SSMWMFaB/TD

Scooterman's ScooterWerks Mobile Whiffery Model Facility and Beer/Twiglet Dispenser

dy031101

To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

LemonJello

Ooohhh, I like the guntruck idea.  Also a missile launcher-type with rows of either cruise missiles or MLRS-type rockets with drop down sides and roof could work. 

Or, in a completely different vein, you could trick it out as the ultimate mobile man cave.
The Corps is a department of the Navy? Yeah, the Men's department.

Sentinel Chicken

Make it into a bigger version of the EM-50 urban assault vehicle, complete with Sgt. Hulka figure hanging onto the roof.

Ed S

Obviously, it needs to be made into a Herkeimer Battle Wagon, the finest urban assault RV in the world.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

frank2056

Scaleorama to 1/35 would work well.

I was thinking of all sorts of other whiffing ideas until I saw the price:79 of those funky europesos! That's what, over $120 in pictures of dead American presidents? Waaay too rich for me.

jcf

HLJ has a few  Aoshima and Fujimi 1/32nd scale buses in stock.

Aoshima Buses

Fujimi Buses

Jon

Martin H

Quote from: Sentinel Chicken on July 01, 2008, 07:55:35 PM
Make it into a bigger version of the EM-50 urban assault vehicle, complete with Sgt. Hulka figure hanging onto the roof.

Now your realy showing your age LOL.   
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

wagnersm

Q-BUS!!!!

Looks like a yellow school bus until the sides drop down and you are faced with 10 105mm recoilless rifles and a couple of quad mount .50 cal M2HBs

Sentinel Chicken

Quote from: Martin H on July 02, 2008, 02:49:26 PM
Quote from: Sentinel Chicken on July 01, 2008, 07:55:35 PM

Now your realy showing your age LOL.   
Now just a centon! Oops, I think I just dated myself again.......

Spey_Phantom

give it a pair of wings and a tail, and i just found myself a whiff  :lol:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Ed S

Quote from: Nils on July 03, 2008, 12:35:10 AM
give it a pair of wings and a tail, and i just found myself a whiff  :lol:

Didn't Mel Brooks already to that?  Oh yeah, that was a Winnebago.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.