A

Mitsubishi "Okami"

Started by Alpha 1-1, July 01, 2008, 02:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alpha 1-1

Ok time to finally post something instead of just lurking and checkin out all the amazing models on here....
Ok this's my first real-life' inspired model for quite a while so be gentle...
I came across an illustration some time ago of a fictional, delta-wing inspired F-18 and decided to do something about it. Me and my mates always chat about possible wars so I imagine this as a kind of modern, easily built and repairable aircraft used by most of the "good-guys".
Easily adapted, the design fulfills air superiority, defence, intercept and even ground support in a pinch.
Not yet finished but as the title hints, this'll be in a fictional JASDF squadron, I'll post pics of the build later on tonight, as well as the inspiration behind the build.

Alpha 1-1

Ok the inspirational pictures and my work so far. The nose isnt on but has been remodeled into something more resembling a snout, the origin of the crafts nickname.
Oh and yeah, need to find the better camera, that was from my phone.
And the place that got me going: http://www.doomisland.com/model_building_of_doom.htm

Maverick

Welcome Aboard Alpha!

Interesting concept you've got going there and certainly something different, which means it'll fit in just dandy around here.  What's the base kit?  I've just finished a 72nd Hase Bug for the Profile GB and it was a shocker as they always have been!

Regards,

Mav

Alpha 1-1

Thanks Maveric  :mellow:
Base is a Revell 1/72, F/A - 18C

Maverick

Cool,

What's it like?  Is it a Hasegawa clone, Revell Germany's or someone else's?  I've got a Fujimi in the stash that is streets ahead of the Hase example.

Regards,

Mav

Alpha 1-1

REvell germany by the looks of it and the documentation, definately nothin as flash as a Hasegawa. Picked up the kit on sale so no complaints there at least.
I'm mostly clueless when it comes to real world models, most of my times been taken up on GW pieces.

sotoolslinger

Nice concept I'm looking forward to seeing this built. Welcome to the site ,we have you now ,abandon hope ;D ;D ;D
The camera I have which is under 2 bills is the Canon Powershot A590. It comes with all you need including software to download pics + It has a built in Macro feature for closeups :wub: :wub:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Alpha 1-1 on July 01, 2008, 02:29:00 AM
Ok the inspirational pictures and my work so far. The nose isnt on but has been remodeled into something more resembling a snout, the origin of the crafts nickname.
Oh and yeah, need to find the better camera, that was from my phone.
And the place that got me going: http://www.doomisland.com/model_building_of_doom.htm

Yeah, that fellow at Doom Island is really quite talented!   :thumbsup:  Glad you de-lurked, A-1-1, as this looks to be a build worth watching!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

BlackOps

Alpha, glad you like the profile :)  Looking forward to seeing this built up  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Patrick H

looking good, and welcome aboard.

:cheers:
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

noxioux

I'll definitely be watching this one.  That profile is tasty.

Alpha 1-1

Ok can't believe I made such a nugget mistake...don't ask how...but the base of the canopy from the single-seater variant is somwhat...morphed... :banghead:
Good thing the back of it is fine, just a bit of chop n change with the front of the same pice, two-seater variant.

nev

Should be interesting - can't go wrong with JASDF markings  :thumbsup:

BTW, see if your camera has a "macro" button, its usually a small flower, that should help with focusing on close-ups.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May