Pyro's first GB entry - RAF desert Phantom

Started by pyro-manic, June 30, 2008, 05:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyro-manic

I fell in love with this scheme as soon as I saw it, so I'm going to try building it for this group build. :)

One issue is whether I can get hold of a F4-K/M Phantom kit (either a Matchbox or Fujimi as far as I'm aware). If I can't find one for a reasonable price, I may use a different type - perhaps the Italeri F-4S, as I hear it's a good kit.

Kudos to Spinners for coming up with this. It's gorgeous. :wub:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Dork the kit slayer

Nice scheme. :thumbsup:......with that war load better build a tanker to pair up with it.

Anything in sand and stone is ok by me. :thumbsup:  Cant find a Brit SpeyPhantom?....you could try asking around for a scapper??
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

pyro-manic

Right, I have the kit for this build (a lovely Fujimi FGR.2), so as soon as my failed 1WGB build is finished (this week), I'll be making a start. Trying to work out what colour paints I need to buy for the camo now...

pyro-manic

A little bit of progress on this build, as the weather is no good for painting my EdA Tomcat. The cockpit is together and awaiting paint, and I've dry-fitted the fuselage and wings as seen below. This kit is gorgeous. :thumbsup:

SPINNERS

nev

QuoteThis kit is gorgeous

You're not wrong there :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May