How about an extension?

Started by nev, June 30, 2008, 01:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Weaver has pointed out that the 1WGB clashes with the last week of the Flying Sorcery GB.

My entry is all done, so in a purely altruistic way, may I request a small extension to this GB so that folks can do their 1WGB, then still have a last week free to finish their Flying Saucer?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

cthulhu77

6:1 / Half a dozen to the other for me.  If you do an extension, don't go too far !

Mossie

Thanks Nev, I was just about to post about this.  I think it's a good idea, allow people who are nearly finished to join in the 1 WGB.  It'll help me to as I'm on holiday for a week from tomorrow!  I'll PM Kommisar Anatoly to get his backing.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

anthonyp

Well, standard extensions for a GB are either one or two weeks.  And since ALL the GB's have gotten at least one extension, this one's got till July 31st.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Weaver

Cheers folks - there goes my excuse for getting on with some real world stuff this next week... :rolleyes: ;D :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie

Thanks Anthony! :thumbsup:  Okay, the whip's cracking guys, have em done by the end of the month & no more extensions (I'm largely aiming this at myself)!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Weaver

Actually, the extension's come as an unexpected Godsend, 'cos I've just pulled some masking fluid off the wing/rotors of mine, and it's an utter disaster...... paint peeling off the brass, pulling off beyond the fluid, the works :banghead:

Back to the drawing board...... :rolleyes:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones