Halfords Rattle Cans - Conversion Charts?

Started by Mossie, June 28, 2008, 05:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Can anybody tell me if there are any conversion charts for Halfords Spray Paints, particularly for RAF colours?  If not, has anyone any experience with the colours & knows what's near as dammit?  I'm particularly looking for Dark Green, Ocean Grey, Medium Sea Grey & ID Yellow.

Ta!

Simon. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

nev

I think The Wooksta has done some work in this area...
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Martin H

if u have the correct BS codes for the shades u need, most of the larger halford stores can mix it for u, while u wait.

other wise as Nev said, Lee is the man to tell u what halfords shades are what.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Radish

Er......
As I generally use it all for Whatiffery, I'm not too concerned.
The Yellow Filler Primer is useful after a heavy wash and drybrushing (I use Bleached Bone....Games workshop) for Bleached Linen.
The Grey Primer, is, as Wooksta says, now darker, but OK for WW2 Ocean Grey (after some weathering) and can be good for undersurfaces of USAAF aircraft (ie Neutral Grey)
The Red Primer looks great after washes of Games Workshop Reds (various shades) for a weathered red finish.
The Black Primer/White Primer have many uses.
For Natural Metal I quite like Citroen Pearl Grey.

Give everything a good shake....I frequently "go" for 15-20 minutes.

I NEVER store them upright, always on their sides.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Geoff

Mercedes Brilliant Silver is good for the smaller scales for NMF.

Jeffry Fontaine

Simon,

I attempted to send you a color reference chart by eMail.  Did you receive the zip file? 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Mossie

Thanks for the tips guys!  Jeff, I haven't got access to my e-mail at the mo, I'll be able to get it this evening, thanks!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

Got it Jeff, it'll come in very useful, thanks again!

Mike Wren

Rover Tempest Grey is a good match for US Gunship Grey & Dark Sea Grey

Jennings

What's "Halfords"? :)

(kidding... but we ain't gotta on this side of Ye Olde Ponde)

J
"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974