Something just for BdB

Started by GTX, June 28, 2008, 01:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

Brian,

Would you like us to leave you alone now?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Scooterman

Gee Grandma, what big SPATS you have!!!!!   :o ;D :lol:

The Rat

After the aircraft was retired the spats were used as double-decker buses in Vladivostok.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

GTX

BTW, I forgot to say - the pic is of the Tupolev ANT-20.  Here's another:

regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

sequoiaranger

Of course the great chimera was the "flying cars" that, according to the literature of the 1950's, we were all supposed to be driving by the 1960's.

Looks like Tupolev took an observation car from the rear of a passenger train, dumped the trucks, added tail, wings, and superstructural cockpit and.....voila.  Maybe next he was going to do the same with a boxcar and call it "Air Freight" maybe??

Maybe Lucasfilms stole your idea of the spats becoming a bus, and used it for his droid-army transports in the Star Wars battle on the Gungan planet!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

B777LR

Quote from: sequoiaranger on July 05, 2008, 02:42:23 PM
Of course the great chimera was the "flying cars" that, according to the literature of the 1950's, we were all supposed to be driving by the 1960's.

Jules Verne imagined that we would be sailing in nuclear powered submarines, and flying to the moon in cannon shells.
Hans Christian Andersen imagined the emmigrants from Europe would come back a hundred years later, as tourists, coming by air to Britain, traveling by tunnel under the channel, and touring Europe in a week, before going home by air.
Theres the Space Odessey 2001, saying we would be a space borne species 7 years ago...

Quote from: sequoiaranger on July 05, 2008, 02:42:23 PM
Maybe Lucasfilms stole your idea of the spats becoming a bus, and used it for his droid-army transports in the Star Wars battle on the Gungan planet!

Planet Tatooine