Breadclip project Mk. II for the Styrene Junkyard GB

Started by Brian da Basher, June 28, 2008, 08:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

Just in case you haven't been over to the Styrene Junkyard Group Build, Here's a couple shots of the entry I'm working on. I started with this:

And now it looks like this:

Brian da Basher

Arc3371

frank2056

That really is amazing Brian - and you don't even need to paint it!

But where are the spats?

John Howling Mouse

Pittsburgh
Easter
Circa 1971

A group of children are opening their Kinder Eggs and are baffled by the instructions on how to build the simple little plastic toys inside.

One little boy, however, has taken the plastic egg that the toy parts come in and is feverishly working it into something completely different.

In a few minutes, he looks up to notice several of his elementary school peers gawking at him in amazement. 
Cigarette dangling from his mouth, he simply mutters, "What? It's a Seversky P-35..."
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

sotoolslinger

Effin...... well just...... how  :huh: :huh: :huh:.......where's my dress. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Just amazing :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
and it purty too :wub: :wub: :wub:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

retro_seventies

are you KIDDING me?

*sound of lower mandible impacting linoleum*

stop.

just stop.

There must be more skill in your little finger than in my whole being!   :wub: :wub:

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Scooterman

Dork the kit slayer

Just think what you could do if you had imagination :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

You da man .......................when I think of all the "projects" Ive thrown away over the years......you never cease to amaze us..........and never  dissapoint,disopoint,diserpoint  ....oh boolaks ....LET US DOWN :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :cheers:
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

NARSES2

Brian your either a looney or a genius  ;D Absolutely fantastic  :bow: :bow:

Hadn't seen breadclip's in the UK for years until the other day when I bought some asparagus - asparagus clips !
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

They say it's a fine line between genius and insanity....................................
Just how DO you do it, Brian? ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Brian da Basher

I thought you might want to see how this turned out. Here's a few teaser pics and you can see the rest and read the backstory here.

Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

What a beauty :wub: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow:
How could you stand to paint it ? It was so pretty before. Reminded me of when I did drugs ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D JUST KIDDING. I of course never did ...... what was I talking about :huh: :blink: :mellow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Brian da Basher

I had to paint it because I just couldn't get the Partridge Family theme song out of my head with it looking like that. Also, the paint helps conceal some of the more glaring flaws. I'm glad you like it Toolslinger and I hope your knee is healing up!
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

John Howling Mouse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOiKa51ll-k

(I'm evil)

This is the sort of model you need to mount atop a base showing a large photo of the "before" shot or no one would ever believe it originated out of bread clips.

Kudos, BdaB!   :thumbsup: :bow:  Very believable and likeable, too.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Sentinel Chicken

Quote from: sotoolslinger on June 30, 2008, 04:55:56 PM
What a beauty :wub: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow:
How could you stand to paint it ? It was so pretty before. Reminded me of when I did drugs ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D JUST KIDDING. I of course never did ...... what was I talking about :huh: :blink: :mellow:
See here, Ron, we have us what we call the "Inside Voice" and the "Outside Voice". You daggum got them mixed up, son.

Very impressive, Brian. A very creative use of something so mundane!