MiG-23 kit question

Started by Weaver, June 27, 2008, 08:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Sorry, memory has failed me:

On the Airfix MiG-23, is the Gsh-23 cannon blister molded separately or is it integral with the fuselage halves?

If it's integral, do you know of any other 1/72nd scale Flogger (of any sub-type) where it's a separate part?

Cheers in advance.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

grayman

Not sure if this helps, but I know the Zvezda MiG-27 has separate parts, and shares a lot of the sprues with their MiG-23 kit.

Cheers.
Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open -- General Sir Michael Dewar.

Maverick

Weaver, the Hase -23 has a sep unit as does the Zvezda -23.  My choice would be the Zvezda as the Hase kit is pretty old, although it builds up ok.  As for Airfix,  I'm pretty sure it's about the worst of the bunch.

Regards,

Mav

PanzerWulff

academy has a nice Mig 23/S Flogger B it's a nice lil kit and for only about $7.00 US http://www.greatmodels.com/~smartcart/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=ACY1621 it's a steal the only problem I ever have with academy kits are the decals are somewhat hit or miss as to how well they stick to the model oh and yes the gun mount is a seperate piece :thumbsup:
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Weaver

Thanks folks - I'm not bothered if the whole kit is accurate or not since what I really want is to nick the intakes for another project. I could justify buying the kit just for that if I could also graft the gun installation (which I really, really like) onto my Avro Atom project (because it's based on a Gnat T.2, it hasn't got the Adens in the intake walls).

Of course, having a pair of relatively small VG wings lying about doesn't hurt either...... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Amphion

Hey Weaver,

I got a Hasegawa/Hales MIG-23 of E-bay recently, but it turned out to have a defect canopy part. >:(

The rest of the kit is OK, but for now it's landed in the spare parts/I'll see what can be done-pile. If you want I'll happily swap with you for something similar.
Amphion

Weaver

Damn - I've just put a bid in on an Italieri/Zvezda one.... :banghead:

In any case, can't think of something similar that I've got available to swap, to be honest...

- Indiana Jones

Amphion

A 1/72 jet fighter? Yeah, I guess they're rare these days... ;D
Amphion

Weaver

LOL - the point is that I don't have the kind of stash that most folk on here do. I only got back into modelling a few weeks ago, and everything I've bought since has pretty much been acquired with one or another project in mind. The only real "spares" I've got are some kits that came in bargain basement job lots, most of them are WWI or WWII, an d all of them are of "basic" quality.

- Indiana Jones