Typhoon J

Started by nev, June 19, 2008, 01:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

OK, couple of profiles of this one.  I'll be changing the squadron marking to 3 Hikotai because 1)  I've got them in the stash and 2) They wear this scheme

Will be built using the Revell 1/72 single seat Typhoon.  Cockpit is already done.

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Aircav

The second version looks much nicer with the smaller markings  :thumbsup:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

nev

Well Steve, my 3SQ markings (thats the Samurai one) are actually lo-vis (pale blue) so you might not actually be able to see them!  :unsure:

Meanwhile, company in the modelling den

As for the kit, the tooling is now a right mess.  Covered in thick, heavy flash, its making me look forward to seeing what the HB Typhoons are like.  Stand by for PSR!  :banghead:

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

kitnut617

Quote from: nev on June 19, 2008, 03:58:29 AM

As for the kit, the tooling is now a right mess.  Covered in thick, heavy flash, its making me look forward to seeing what the HB Typhoons are like.  Stand by for PSR!  :banghead:

I've read somewhere (on ARC maybe) that a lot of the RoG tooling is in Poland where they can get it done cheaper, and the quality of the plastic is really going downhill fast.  I'm going to look at the RoG Typhoon I've got to see if I got one of these later mouldings  :blink: ,  I only bought the kit because the LMS owner said it was the cat's meow if I wanted a good Typhoon as I had told him I had a couple of the Airfix kits.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Aircav

You'll have to tell the cat not to get to near the TV, it'll ruin its eye sight  ;D

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

nev

OK, first round of PSR complete, 2nd round part complete. 

Won't be able to get the airbrush out till at least Monday  :rolleyes:

sotoolslinger

Like the cockpit, like the kitty, like the build ;D :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

ysi_maniac

Highest level in cockpit :bow: :bow: :bow:
Will die without understanding this world.

Sisko

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

nev

Battled with the airbrush last night to get the first coat of blue on

Aircav

Sir Sydney Camm

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Damian2

Its blue!!! Too awesome!!!

D
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Gary F

Hi Nev,

How goes the Typhoon?
  Got a question on the kit ... how was the fit of the wing in the area around the small outcropping where the APU (?) is?  ...I've got one I've been trying to get to fit in that area and it's giving me fits.

Gary F