Smythe Aviation - MIG 15 MLU

Started by Hman, June 16, 2008, 11:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hman

Smythe Aviation's latest project is a Mid Life Upgrade of Zangara Defence Force Mig 15's.

No pictures yet...

Airfix Mig 15 plus (so far) bits from an Airfix Draken, FW190 and F104!
"Lusaka Tower, this is Green Leader..."

Geoff

Hman

Just a couple of pictures.

I have extended the intake with with a cowl from a FW190, added a tail from a F104 and an exhaust from a Draken.

I am also going to add a 'spike' ala a Mig 21 in the intake, and then I need to think about a weapons load.

Geoff

Looks good so far - if you have given it a radar then how about radar guided Attolls or the AA-1 Alkali???

John Howling Mouse

Love the T-Tail!  (and I'm not just saying that because I love T-Tails)
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Hman

Screwed up the paint job...and it flew into the bin... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

So that is the end of that!

gooberliberation

Into the bin already? What happened? The plastic melted?
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Sisko

Is is possible to strip it and start again?
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Hman

err no! 

Iused blu tac to mask the paint, and it hadn't dried properly and the paint and the blue tac reacted - resulting in a gungy mess!  I lost my temper big time and binned it!  Stupid thing to do - it has been one of those weeks!

So I am going to go to Farnborough tommorow and relax!

Ps: I am never useing enamels again.  Anyone ever used the new revell acrylics, are they any good?

Geoff

They brush ok but have a shortish shelf life once opened.

Hman

Thanks for the tip - I will give them a go.

B777LR

The Revell Aqua paints are PERFECT! I have only one problem with them. I did not buy enough :thumbsup:

Interstingly, Revell has also released a thinner for their new acrylics...