The Handley Page Centinary theme build!

Started by Howard of Effingham, June 16, 2008, 01:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard of Effingham

as a self confessed HP nut, member of the handley page association and reminded of the fact that it is
now only a year [bar a few days] to the 100th anniversary of the formation of  handley page ltd in 1909.

anyone think we could do a handley page theme build?

unbuilt projects? other a/c down the years they could've built but didn't? indeedy what would handley page
be building today given it ceased trading in 02/1970,  :angry: hmm, AD would be happy as he flies 'HP137s'
well later jetstream's for a living so maybe a HP C-20 or a C-2.

;D  :wacko:  and of course the real benefit, no nasty a*ro's to clutter up the flightline!  ;D :wacko:

my hawker P1121 will be a handley page [hawker] ltd P1121 - hurricane F1 -  :wacko: honest, guv!
Keeper of George the Cat.

Howard of Effingham

thought you might be interested duncan!

;D tee-hee!  ;D

HP134 well if you build that one you are doing well! ;)

good so that is two of us..... anymore takers?

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Weaver

I shall have to gracefully decline: I'm far to busy filling the world with "nasty a*ros"........ :wacko: ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Brian da Basher

I'd be up for this one as long as it can be pure whiff under the H-P name.
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

AeroplaneDriver

I'd be in if I could ever find an Airfix Jetstream. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Weaver on June 16, 2008, 06:06:07 PM
I shall have to gracefully decline: I'm far to busy filling the world with "nasty a*ros"........ :wacko: ;D

don't let that put you off! after all i have built a vulcan, still its the only vulcan....  ;D

Howard of Effingham

and why not AAGB.... it might tempt me to a tutor!

anyhow thanks to kitnut617......

Dart Herald
HP.5
HP.42/45
HP.75
Halifax/Halton
Hampden/Hereford
Harrow/Sparrow
HP.88
HP.115
Hastings
Hermes
Heyford
Hyderabad/Hinadi
Victor
0/400

this lot will keep people busy.  ;D ;D

hth

trevor

jcf

B.19/27 design variations, they led to the HP 38 which, in turn, led to the HP 50 Heyford.

Great conversion potential for the Matchbox Heyford.

Jon

You cannot view this attachment.

jcf

HP 52 Hampden family variations.

HP 53 design was ordered by the Swedes and built in parallel with the HP 52, aircraft was never delivered, rather it was converted to Dagger engines to act as the prototype for the Hereford.

M.15/35, shore based torpedo-bomber, HP 52 wings and tail grafted to a new wider fuselage (to allow for mid-upper circular turret), tail boom increased in cross-section where it mated with the main fuselage, torpedo carried internally.

Doable from the Airfix Hampden.

Jon

Brian da Basher

Thanks for posting those Jon! All of those look doable as scratchbuilds in 1/144.

Brian da Basher

jcf

Halibag variations.

HP 56, Vulture engined twin ala Avro Manchester.

HP 65, high aspect ratio wings with NACA 66 laminar airfoil and turbo-supercharged Hercules 38.

Doable from various Halibag kits, mebbe use the wings off of a B-24 as a starting point for the HP 65.

jcf

A pair of other bomber concepts, one actually built and one that was a proposal only.

HP 43, tri-engine bomber designed and built concurrently with the HP 42 airliner, smaller than the airliner.

HP 55, twin-engine proposal heavily influenced by the Douglas DC-2, in effect almost a Harrow fuselage with DC-2 wings.

Both definitely buildable.

Jon

jcf

Now one especially for Brian da B:

HP 47

Yer on yer own for this one bud.  ;D

Jon

Brian da Basher

Yowsa!!! Thanks Jon!