Ripple Intruder

Started by Gary F, June 14, 2008, 01:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary F

Decided to give this one a go for the GB

Mr Maverick's nice profile
Italeri 72nd Intruder kit(s)
decals from  Xtradecals TSR2 sheet with the Ripple scheme on it plus some roundels/numbers where I can find them

Hope I'm not breaking rules but went ahead and glued up the intake parts, added some tube inside, and started adding putty to fill in the intake to shape and tweaking with q tip and nail polish thinner ... haven't tried that before so will see how it works.  No pics yet ...

regards

Gary F

GTX

It's going to be a pretty bird

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

nev

can't go wrong with RR  :wub:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Gary F

Progress report for the past week ... Intruder has been joined by an Italeri Typhoon which will be in one of BlackOps profile schemes, and 2 Has 72nd Prowlers (schemes to be picked from Mav's recent Prowler profiles ... thinking standard SEA and not sure on the 2nd one, maybe another R Ripple?).
  First up the family portrait after this weeks work

along with shots of the Typhoon's wing root seam and intake seam work underway

Gary F

Next, the 2 Prowlers, fuselages just taped so I could try to align the intake parts and get the boarding ladders put in ... bit of a fiddly fit but will sand down ok.  I plan to untape the fuselages then do some work on the intakes similar to the Intruder.  After getting glued back to gether the tail football will be removed and new tail built up, and then refueling drogue from KA-6D will be applied to bottom of fuselage(s).

Gary F

Finally the Intruder taped together so I could work on the intakes ... tubing installed then several apps of putty smoothed with q-tip and polish remover.  Still will need some sanding inside but seems to have worked out okay.

Gary F

Little bit of an update.  Here's one of the Prowlers ... fuselage together along with the bottom keel piece in place (radome went on shortly after taking these pics), wings together, pods and tanks being cleaned up.  I'm trying to clean up some of the panel lines before main sanding but the plastic is kind of hard and my scribing tool is slipping around quite a bit so it's slow going, but overall, progress is being made.  Oh, and this Prowler will be in Mav's Ripple renditon of the Prowler in RAF service.
  The othe 2 pics show 2  2 seater Typhoons (Italeri 72nd) kits being rushed to catch up to the single seater seen earlier.  Both will be JASDF aggressors done up in profile by BlackOps.  Kits aren't bad, just need a little shimming inside the wing edges to keep the bottom pieces from sinking in too far.

Gary F

And the aforementioned profiles to work from 

nev

3 beauties on the way!  :thumbsup:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Damian2

Duuude you're a machine!!!

:bow:
D
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

John Howling Mouse

That's quite the production line you've got going there!  :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Holy Poo !

Could be a record for the number of entries to a GB.

Keep 'em coming Gary - The GB needs more like you  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)