OK, so wotcha gonna build ??

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, June 09, 2008, 11:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

As one of the sponsors of this here GB, I'll put my head on the block first:-

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,13475.0.html

David Brock's RAF MiG 21MF aggressor. Already have the (Academy) kit, AND it will fit happily into the RAF 100 theme for the Nationals.

Will add some more when I've trawled through Mav's thread !

Ian

Well I've trawled through the first fifteen pages of John's profiles..... so far I cannot decide between a Spanish Nationalist J2M Raiden, a 617 Sqn Merlin or a SAAF Javelin...... and that's only a quarter of what he's produced over the last couple of years.

This is gonna take some time  :blink:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Maverick

G'day Ian,

Thanks for your interest in my stuff.  I've got a Proposed Builds thread going on at the moment and am adding each time the muse takes me.

I'd like to also open up an invitation to anyone who has a model they want to build but hasn't seen a profile of it as yet.  Give me a pm & I'll sort out something applicable so you can join in the fun.

Regards,

Mav

nev

I think I'm gunna go with a Typhoon J - probly the Blue, but change the squadron markings (they are an old F-104 fighter style, and not a squadron that is now "blue").  Probly update the winders to AAM-3s

OR

Go with the Aggressor markings (need to get hold of Cobra's head decals though)

I would *love* to do one of Mossie's Japanese V-22 Ospreys, but I think time and lack of suitable kit would preclude that.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

NARSES2

Something SEAC  :wub: Maybe one of Mav's P75's

Something Italian from Glanini
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Scooterman

I claim these two, IF Jennings lets me clone his markings!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

This really is 'Spoilt for Choice' territory..... Haven't even started on Glanini, Sentinel Chicken or Jennings yet and my short-list is twelve models long and includes a Puccara, a Hornet, a Hurricane, an SM79 and a Marder APC !!

I think, no, I'm sure, this is going to get expensive !

(adopts 'Fly' voice...."Help Me..... help me")

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

AeroplaneDriver

I thought it would be easy, but then I started wading through the profiles, and so far have compiled a list of about 135 entries.  can we get an extension 'till 2016?

A few that I'm considering so far...

From Iranian F-14

From SC

There are also a few in Spinner's thread I'm considering and of course, Jennings' classic RN Skyhawk profiles.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

nev

Why do I get the feeling this could become an annual GB? ;)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Ed S

I've got a Rafale that I have started but not gotten too far along.  I think I'm going to do on of Doudou's profiles in the "Rafale" thread.

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,16640.150.html

I just haven't decided which of these two I think I'll go with.

Jordanian

Ugandan

Although, I will be doing this as a single seater instead of the two seater shown.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

anthonyp

Well, if I can recapture the modeling muse that seems to have escaped me this year, I've got a couple I'd like to build:

Iranian_F-14's USN Aggressor Lavi (too bad I have only one Lavi and already built it...  Can he do a J-10 version really quick  ;D )

Jennings has a few (why, yes, they're all from the Michigan Air National Guard, why do you ask?):

One from Sentinel Chicken:

And these from Maverick:

I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

lancer

Quote from: nev on June 10, 2008, 02:05:05 PM
Why do I get the feeling this could become an annual GB? ;)

Because there are so many excellent profiles out  there screaming to be built???  Also, I disagree with what AD said in asking for an extention to 2016. We need the extension to go on until at least 2030!!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

GTX

This is going to be great!!!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Gary F

Well this GB looks really interesting.  I've been going over Gekko's Wyverns recently and decided to make a run at one ... then noticed this GB, so guess it will work out just fine.  Still trying to decide which scheme ... either USAF or USN?
  Also had decided in the last couple days to break out an A-6 Intruder to do my old squadron (finally) but have had 2nd thoughts and may just do it for this GB also ... thinking RAF from Mav's stable ... couple of choices but one in particular has my attention if I can put the decals together.
  Also looking at one of SentinelChicken's  F-8's and BlackOps Typhoon's if I can come up with appropriate decals.

Gary F

Weaver

I'm really taken with Arc's MiGina (MiG-9 with a G-91 nose), to the point where I've got a MiG-9 on it's way to me. However, I'm also not entirely convinced that it's really doable, so I'll not decide until I've got the plastic in my hands.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones