Anyone notice anything wrong with this picture?

Started by Maverick, June 08, 2008, 05:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maverick

And if anyone says the RAAF didn't fly TSR.2s, I'm in the wrong place.

GTX

I know!  Given that I am based at Amberley, I should ;D.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Maverick

Glad you picked it up Greg, I expect others from your neck of the woods might also.

However, were it the case, it would make for some confusing times during Origin!!

Regards,

Mav

The Rat

Haven't a clue, but I'll take a guess. Should the lightning strike be the other way around?  :huh:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

John Howling Mouse

It's lacking potentially vastly more exciting roundels....the "leafy" type???
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

DaFROG

RotorheadTX

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Captain Canada

No no no....I'm pretty sure Baz nailed it right on the head !

;D
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Jeffry Fontaine

Picky, Picky, Picky, just be happy that no one has critiqued you on your WHIF profiles that portray incorrect order of battle details. :)
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Maverick

Jeffry,

People frequently did and for smaller 'discrepancies' than this particular picture.  Where it was valid, I took it on board. 

It would be like saying "NAS Fallon, Florida" or "RAF Bentwaters, Wales".  I'm fairly sure that were it that type of error, a lot more people might have noticed it???

Regards,

Mav

Jennings

That was a test, and some of you passed :)  That was completely intentional, it being a Whiff and all...

J
"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: Maverick on June 08, 2008, 09:01:37 PMJeffry,
People frequently did and for smaller 'discrepancies' than this particular picture.  Where it was valid, I took it on board. 
It would be like saying "NAS Fallon, Florida" or "RAF Bentwaters, Wales".  I'm fairly sure that were it that type of error, a lot more people might have noticed it???
As luck would have it, my dial-up connection disappeared in the middle of my attempt to make a reply :(

John,
I was just yanking your chain, on the errors, no big deal, and please don't take it seriously, I have seen some of the errors and just let it go, since the profiles were a WHIF, it really does not matter.  Besides my smartarse remarks were fueled by two huge glasses of merlot :), don't harsh my buzz!
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Maverick

Jeffry,

No 'harshbuzzing' or 'busharshing' (bugger me, sounds like I've had a few - and I don't drink!) intended.

Honestly, if there are 'valid' errors to point out, I have no issues in either noting them or accepting them.

Regards,

Mav

Jeffry Fontaine

Hey, don't hesitate to ask if you have questions about the correct order of battle details.  I know it can be confusing.  I have the same problem trying to interpret the unit designations for many of the Commonwealth formations.