Swedish Merlin

Started by Mike Wren, December 05, 2003, 04:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Wren

not quite finished yet (needs canopy, rotors, undercarriage & details)

Swedish Merlin ASW/Transport Hybrid variant to replace Sea Knights. From Italeri Cormorant kit, with revised window arrangement, radome under fuselage (a Corsair cowling ring).

Hand painted camo with Halfords VW Mars Red for the bright bits. Decals from Revell Merlin kit (stencilling etc), Italeri Grippen (Roundels) and individually applied 'Forsvarsmakten' lettering (Modeldecal 6" white lettering)...

Mike Wren

Ogwash

Looking very nice that Mike (Just a pity Sweeden went with the bleedin NH-90 with only Denamrk selecting the the Merlin  :angry: ). The camo looks excellent perhaps we should get you to do a TSR-2 in Sweedish splinter camouflage for the SIG displays.

BTW can you do some in 1/700 for Retro's Sweedish carrier project ? !!! :o  :o  

Ollie

VEry nice Mike!  I really like the way the red stands out!!!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

Alvis

F-32

Supertom

:o WOW! :o

Looking great Mike!  Can't wait to see it finished.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Aircav

I'm in LOVE!!
Does she date?
MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!
:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Mike Wren

cheers chaps, just got to pull my finger out and get the little bits & pieces painted up & attached...  :huh:  

Supertom

Quotecheers chaps, just got to pull my finger out and get the little bits & pieces painted up & attached

Pull it out of where?  Okay never mind I don't think I want to know.

Or do I?

Nah, maybe not.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Mike Wren

I don't think you do, Tom  :blink:  

nev

Wow, that looks awesome Mike!

You're rivalling Ollie for quality AND quantity at the moment  :D  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

retro_seventies

Wren, you ANIMAL!  :cheers:  :cheers:

fantastic cammo job (amongst other things) - makes me look like the cacky handed bepper that i really am...any hints or tips for a swedish mad, but paintbrush challenged fellow wulf?  ^_^

seriously mate, GREAT job.... :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

John Howling Mouse

QuoteYou're rivalling Ollie for quality AND quantity at the moment  :D
Yeah and, oh-by-the-way:

aaaAAAGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!![/size]

Okay, end of jealous fit.  Time to go put a fin or two onto a drop tank and call it a night...!

B)  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Joe C-P

Merlins are available from WEM in 1/700.

I'm a bit confused. Why camoflauge combined with "HERE I AM!" orange?  :blink:

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.