Maritime Recce VC-10

Started by Mike Wren, December 05, 2003, 04:19:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Wren

here's my Hermes MR.2 (VC-10 variant), from the Airfix 1/144 kit, with a shortened fuselage, clipped wingtips, enlarged radome, weapons bay, retractable MAD boom (to clear the tail), and Nimrod-esque wing pods (housing ESM eqipment) and various lumps and bumps.

Paint is Vallejo 104 Stone Grey with Halfords Grey Primer undersides, decals are Xtradecal & Modeldecal generic with Welsh Models window decals.

BTW this isn't the actual proposed VC-10 maritime version, I just thought it would look better like this...

Mike Wren

Alvis

Looks too nice to be WI!
That plane really rocks, dude!

Alvis

F-32

absolutely fantastic - you must put together an article about it with alot more pictures!

lancer

Beautiful Mike, highly impressive. I've got the same idea for the VC10 MPA. Now I'll have to revise my plans a bit...
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Aircav

Beautiful Mike, bloody beautiful  B)  B)  B)  B)  :wub:  B)  B)  B)  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Mike Wren

cheers, it's been finished for a while and I've got a sheet of Faller plastic railway water painted up for the base, just need to find some strong wire to hold the plane up! Will take some more piccies showing the various details better when I have the time and the daylight...  :huh:  

nev

Daylight?  Whats that?  This is British winter time - you go to work in the dark, you come home in the dark  :D

Looks awesome BTW Mike, great paint job too  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

retro_seventies

i really REALLY like that mike....

in fact, if the nimrod is ade akinbiyi, then this STEVE BULL!!

i'm with the boys mate, an article would be great - speech speech!!

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Jeffry Fontaine

Your creativity has reached a new level.  It looks believable and I love the open weapons bay.  Now all you need is some nuclear depth charges and some torpodoes to fill it up.  

Great work!
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

John Howling Mouse

Fantastic results, Mike!  You must really be some kind of Jedi to make this kit look this good!!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Mike Wren

Quotein fact, if the nimrod is ade akinbiyi, then this STEVE BULL!!
hehehe!  :D

well, I wouldn't say Steve Bull, Andy Mutch maybe?  :huh:  

retro_seventies

hmmm....

andy mutch...possibly derek dougan?

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Captain Canada

Now....how on earth did I miss this one ! What a beauty Mike ! Love the whole thing....I wouldn't have noticed the shortened fuselage or clipped wings if you hadn't mentioned them ~ It would be nice to see a few ords hanging tho, then she'd really look the part.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Go4fun

I'd love to hate this awesome thread but I'm too busy painting my Handly Rolls Fu-2 fighter in an authentic Desert Pepto Pink scheme of the Royal Dingalingan Air/Navy Armed Farce. 
"Just which planet are you from again"?