kit hunt

Started by retro_seventies, December 02, 2003, 10:54:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retro_seventies

anybody know where i can get an edgely optica kit from? i've got a bit of an idea that i'm doodling with at the moment, and would love to build one for shipboard use...i know its crazy, but i think it would be kind of groovy, esp for asw patrol (great visibility, and w/ a more powerful fan and stronger undercarriage and structure could actually carry some kit), ship to ship liason visits, hopping between carriers, ship inspection during blockades/customs work.

failing that, i DO have a set of 1/72 optica plans if anybody wants some...

bit silly, but hey....so am i

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Aircav

Wow, thats going back a bit Ben, I think I've got a cutaway drawing for that bird somewhere and I dont envy you trying to vacform that canopy  :o

All the best
steve
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

retro_seventies

i know mate, i'm going off the deepend a little here with this one i think - i'm certainly leaving myself open to some stick...ah well.

that canopy is really going to be a bit tough - maybe i could try and update it with a flat plate canopy instead? not full on tandem flat plate like a cobra or anything, but something a little easier to scratchbuild than that big perspex onion! - maybe less glare from a flat plate anyway...

no idea about a model then chaps?

darn....

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Nick

Edgeley Optica
Looks like you could use a Gazelle for the cockpit area, might save you some time and you could fill the rear seating area with camera gear or claim it's a COD machine.

Nick B)  

TsrJoe

iv got lots of info on the type, manufacturers brochure, etc. if you wany i will happily copy it and post it down...no idea re a model tho (altho im sure there was a resin kit avaliable some years back?) again it was the cockpit area that put me off... <_<

cheers, joe  :ph34r:  
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

retro_seventies

thanks for the kind offer joe, appreciate it greatly, but i think i'll be ok for now - i've got some 1/72 plans that will help me build one from scratch if there's nowt out there, and like lancer says, i can probably find me a short cut somewhere somehow with that cockpit...

hmmmmmm....

let me look again for that kit online....brb

retro_seventies

nope, couldn't find a thing....

scratchbuilding it is then.

arg.