O

Fancy a Blackjack ?

Started by Ogwash, November 27, 2003, 03:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ogwash

Tu-160 Blackjack

Trouble is it's huge and it  costs a packet !!!!!

Og B)  

TsrJoe

is that the big resin one that was at the nats a few years back?

bloody massive,horrendously expensive and a bitch to build (screws to hold the wings together!)...beautiful surface detail tho...fine rivets all over...

i built one as a comission for a chap in London...looked really good when it was finished (even if i do say so myself) i did it in overall white, and unusually for me left all the detail on it too, the client was happy anyway so thats what counts...!

now wheres that drawing for a 'space launcher' variant of it...!!!
chuckle, happy modelling  :ph34r:  
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Captain Canada

I'd really like one...but not at that price ! Hopefully, somebody will make an injection molded job one of these days.

I bought a magazine a few months back, that pitted the B-1 and the 'Jack head-to-head.....what a monster that thing is !

Of course, the US writer crapped all over it <_<  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Geoff_B

Hi Joe

No its a new kit by A-model using the same material used in their T4. Panda models are supposed to be doing the Tu-160 & C-17 in 1/72 but we won't see them till later next year.

Cheers

Geoff B

TsrJoe

ah...i picked up their T.4...bloody expensive for what was basically an epoxy resin moulding with short run plastic bits...lots of work required too...still it should look really cool when its finished and sitting next to an XB.70 (if i ever get around to building it!)

looking forward to the Trumpeter C.17 tho...

cheers, joe  :ph34r:  
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Aircav

Oh I think I could go for six or seven of them...................anyone fancy buying them for me :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Mike Wren

Blackjack Display Team?  :D  

lancer

QuoteBlackjack Display Team?

Mike Don't tempt fate matey..... :lol:  :lol:  :lol: . Sooooo would that be with the 72nd ones???

If Panda are doing a 72nd one, I'm assuming that it's IM??
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Captain Canada

The Herky bird would make for a good display team.....I can just see a bunch of them, all painted up doing some kind of looping and rolling decent.....to a line abreast touch-and-go, with a JATO exit !

Mmmm.........Hercs :wub:  :wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

There was a 72nd Blackjack on the Russian SIG stand at the nats which looked awesome (and big!).

200 sovs though, yoinks!  :o  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May