R

HURRAY! I got the 1/144 su-34 & F-8II!!!,

Started by raymond, November 16, 2003, 10:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymond

goodday comrades (repost from arc)

well yesterday i was on the net, and thought to check my email, and foudn that my 1/144 su-34 and f-8II had arived!!!!, as the shop was closed on sunday i had to wait untill today to get them.

so folks here they are!, i though you guys might be interested in seeing what trumpeter 1/144 stuff is like, I can say that it LOOKS similar to dragon as far as molding quality goes. the detail is heavy ( but hey, rather soem detail than no detail! ) and there is some flash.

Firstly the F-8II: looks pretty good, pretty standard for a 1/144 kit, minimal detail in cockpit, but includes weapons which are flash free, which is a plus!

well have a look for yourselves:

....net up the su-34!

raymond

...now the highlight, a 1/144 su-34!!!!!!!!!!!

after looking at this i serously wonder if trumpeter downsized the Italeri kit, as this thing kicks donkey for 1/144!!!! it has the same weapons set, same cockpit floor, same seats, thos eausome ram-jet missiles, the list goes on.......

like the f-8II it does have thick detail, and the canopy is a bit cloudy ( how do i fix that?) but the above pictures override that in my oppinion.

heres the contents of the su-34, theres also a link to the italeri mold for comparision

hope you enjoyed these, woudl liek to know what you guys think, and if you want i can scan the instructions etc

regards
one happy Raymond  

retro_seventies

Excellent comrade!

the workers thank you for your efforts - this acquisition will benefit the motherland greatly...

may i be so bold as to discuss financial matters, especially a cost per airframe? The sukhoi in particular is a fine looking aircraft, and would sit nicely upon any marxist - leninist modelling shelf.

onwards comrade, to victory!!

comrade retrovitch_seventski
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Captain Canada

Oh, I like that F-8 ! Now I'm thinking I need one !

And I'm also after a -34, only in 72nd scale.......and a Beagle, and a Blinder and a...

damn forums........
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

raymond

hi comrades

how did this financially set me back, well:

$5NZD each!!!!!!!!! B)  :o

so $2.50 american!!!!!!!!

wel within any modelers budget!!!

regards
Raymond

retro_seventies

Indeed comrade general vespernovialich...comrade toaderov is showing signs of becoming disenchanted with our fine marxist-leninist speech patterns...

perhaps he would find enlightenment in the gulags?

i can only assume (and hope) that his deep cover missions as a sleeper agent in the decadent amerikanski satellite state of canada have made him familiar with nekulturny western speech, and now he finds it hard to keep these..."colloqialisms" hidden.

respectfully,

comrade retrovitch_seventski
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.