F-5E Tiger Scheme

Started by John Howling Mouse, November 08, 2003, 09:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

Sneak preview.  Sorry they're not the best photos (nightshots with flash).

I started this 1:48 Italeri kit while the other, kitbashed projects were underway.
Helps me retain my sanity (in theory) while working on more complicated stuff to do at least one just "for fun."

Will likely end up in 1970's Cdn markings (surprise, surprise).

:zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

John Howling Mouse

Hey Glenn,

While I do admire your in-flight photo composites, you'll have to admit there's really no substitute for a bonafide slab of white styrofoam in the background for the highest possible degree of photorealism!!

<_<  

John Howling Mouse

And  :zzz:  one  :zzz:  more  :zzz:  shot  :zzz:  

nev

Wow!  Great work on the colour scheme JHM!  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

retro_seventies

GREAT cammo there!

as somebody who has spent years and years lusting after the splinter cammo schemes that the swedes put on their viggens, this REALLY tickles my fancy!

she's gonna look great (but that's no suprise to us!)

ben
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Sisko

Love the cammo job.

Truely outstanding, Looks like some of the aggressor paint jobs that used to get around.

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Captain Canada

Sweet.....

The Sabre Tooth strikes again, eh ?!

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

lancer

That i sone hell of a paint job Barry, I wish I could do something as awsomely cool as that....hats off to ya mate.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Ollie

Very nice!

Could we get a very good close-up of the paint job?

Cheers!

John Howling Mouse

Thanks, Guys!

Yeah, once there's some SUNLIGHT in this Godforsaken land,
I'll get a better close-up shot.  

It's glossed over for DEEcals right now.

John Howling Mouse

Decals in place (went Swiss, don't know why, but it felt right) and semi-gloss finish on this sort-of demo a/c.

Hope you like.

It will end up gear down with a centreline fool-tank and that's about it.

John Howling Mouse

Another image.  Looks funny without the a/b cans but I couldn't wait to share...

John Howling Mouse

One more view.  Sorry, can't help myself.  To me, something about the F-5 series makes them the quintessential fighter.  Kind of the Mustang or Spitfire of the jet group.  IMHO, of course!

John Howling Mouse

;)   Speaking of F-5's, have you seen this book yet?  

Canadair CF-5 Freedom Fighter
© 2003 Anthony L. Stachiw;
- 111 pages
- Tons of color and black & white photos, diagrams, cockpit layouts, 3-way dwgs, etc. etc.  
- Great 'insider' info about the a/c (stuff that I never knew before).
- An entire modeling section, too, with input from and acknowledgements to:
Jim Botiatis (JBOT Decals), Mike Grant (Mike Grant Decals), Dave Koss (Leading Edge) and others.

Great little book.  Like a "Squadron" profile but with a definite Canadian perspective.  I first saw this in a grocery store, of all places, but thought the $30.00 Cdn was a bit steep so I passed on it and got it online from our library instead.

I was instantly hooked and myself and another local modeler each picked up a copy from Chapters online sameday.

nev

Thats some mighty fine work you done there Baz  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May