maybe a MiG-31K for fleet-defence !??!

Started by Deino, October 29, 2003, 07:38:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deino

Following my suggestion of some additional planes for the Carrier (see here: "Comrads, what are the limits to our new naval.... ") I asked myself if a carrier suited MiG-31 would ever make sense ...  :mellow:

.... now here is an idea of an early design proposa from Mikoyan during MiG-31 development phase:

A swing-wing version called Y-155MP with some elements from the MiG-25 and MiG-23 .... wouldn't it make a impressive interceptor for fleet defence ????

Deino   :wub:  
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

Geoff_B

So has anybody found both a Mig-31 & an F-14 Tomcat at Wilko's yet ?, As it would prove to be an Interesting and cheap conversion job.

Cheers

GeoffB

:tornado:

raymond

hi sounds cool, love the pic!! B)

regards
Raymond

Captain Canada

That is neat...and I just realized how similar the 23 and 25's tails are !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

I know Comrade Tomski is converting a Mig-25 for carrier operations.  Perhaps he could enlighten us with his research into its suitability for carrier ops.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

retro_seventies

Comrades, the Y-155MP would indeed be a fine addition to your fleet of fine aircraft defending the motherland against the ravening hordes of capitalism.

Unfortunately i find myself in a perilous and possibly treasonous position of being close to finishing that bastion of imperialist yankee engineering, the variable geometry F-4 Phantom (full details and build pics forthcoming, although progress is a little akin to that of comrade Josef Ilych Stalin's five year plan).

These two aircraft would be a fine match for each other, would you not agree?

again, my apologies for being a nekulturny defektor.

Ben  :ph34r:

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.