TSR.2 - The Complete History

Started by Nick, October 21, 2003, 10:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

With all the TSR-2 knowledge floating around and all the years spent researching this machine, why don't we get together and write the definitive history?
It could become the recommended reading for anyone interested in this beautiful bird.

Nick B)  

Martin H

QuoteTSR Joe has a manuscript together so he's doing the actual history, and as I'm building so many, I'm doing my own "operational" history.  Spoof cover plus page layouts are already done.  Maybe I should have a mock up ready for the nationals?
sounds good Lee. Ill be looking forward to the first draft.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Ollie

Keep us posted, eh?

I would want a copy of that book.

B)  

Captain Canada

Me too !

Sounds interesting.........
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TsrJoe

for the nationals, ill print off some of the manuscript iv completed on the 'technical history of the TSR.2' (its way way too long ...around 400 pages and thats before illiustrations...real nerd stuff, eg the development and type of electroluminecence panels in the cockpit)
ill also try to remember to bring along the pilots notes and a couple of the manuals. Im assuming all you chaps have seen the piccie albums i normally leave on my r&d tables over the years, interior shots, ranges, etc ? and have purchased both of the CD. roms ? one has my collection of detail shots of XR220 as well as just about everything else required for a model..the other is BAE's complete photographic archive on the type...some brilliantly 'dodgy' piccies just happen to slip in too like us. nukes beneath its wings...!!!
(see 'enygma graphics' website for details... a decent percentage goes back to BAE. Heritage so they are def worthwhile getting for the archives...plug)

happy modelling, cheers, joe  :ph34r:  
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

TsrJoe

just a thought lee...could you not get it published to the same format as that brill Alternative RAAF & RAN book...loved the format and size...lots more piccies tho...
(pleeeeese can we have one 'spreading some sunshine!!!? ill fly it, you can nav!)  

...there we were at zero feet on the altimeter...Ferranti TFR. set to 50 ft...a hard ride ...dust plume kicking up behind us...our target slowly approaching on the inertial moving map display... B)

hehehe...

cheers, joe  :ph34r:  

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

lancer

Quotethere we were at zero feet on the altimeter...Ferranti TFR. set to 50 ft...a hard ride ...dust plume kicking up behind us...our target slowly approaching on the inertial moving map display... 

This boy's a natural story teller...Perhaps we should make him the site scribe??? :D  :D  :D  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Martin H

Quotejust a thought lee...could you not get it published to the same format as that brill Alternative RAAF & RAN book...loved the format and size...lots more piccies tho...
(pleeeeese can we have one 'spreading some sunshine!!!? ill fly it, you can nav!)  
I couldnt agree more joe.  On both counts
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Geoff_B

QuoteIt's strange you should mention that book, as I was planning on using the initial rejected layouts as a basis - they are A4 size, exactly the same size as the Model Alliance books, and I would prefer them to get it as Neil Robinson works for them and I can try and go through him.

Been thinking about a spoof history in the back, similar to other books, with each serial code, then a rough aircraft history.

Sounds an excellent plan to me, first the A4 format is much better, you can also fit more colour profiles (might need Neils hand with that to knock them up en-mass). But a model Alliance tie would be excellents as we should be able to get a decal sheet out of them and hopefully a kit !!!!!.

As to the individual aircraft history that a cracking idea, do the production details, service users, fate etcand maybe even a details of each Operator & Squadron, and aircraft assigned. If you need a hand with this task, just set us the parameters and we'll help knock some together as its bound to dive you daft doing 150+ fake History's - As the 150 won't include aircraft produced for other countries (what about users taking on early ex-RAF GR-1s ?)

Cheers

Geoff B)  

TsrJoe

looking good...

cheers joe  :ph34r:  

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May