Undercarridge Construction

Started by lancer, October 14, 2003, 03:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancer

I'm stuck on the u/c phase of building. The Heritige instructions are bloody confusing. Can anyone out there please give me some pointer on how to get the right bits in the right places on the u/c legs please.

Thanks
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

lancer

Ok Great, Thanks very much Lee.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Mairfrog

There are undercarriage pics in my group BACPhoenix, taken by me. Show plenty much detail. The url is:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BACPhoenix/

Also, I don't feel the need to write my name across the pics as though photographing a large, stationary object in a public place was an act worthy of copyright.

Mairfrog

Hi Wooksta, got Phoenix from Bea Beamont's book 'Phoenix into ashes'. Seems appropriate now, but at the time it would've been odd.
'Thunder' is such a sappy name for an aeroplane! Perhaps they should've given it a code name like 'Blue Flapjack' or 'Red Lion' ;)

BTW, the Aeroclub u/c is still listed on Hannants, but leave one for me.

lancer

Hi Wooksta,
Well, I've built the undercarts and they are ready to fit. I've done some test fitting, and I need to make some adjustments to to get them to sit correctly, but I've been sorting out the painting of the airframe and doing the u/c doors and stuff.

I'll tell you what mate, your TSR2 construction class could do the next subject being u/c construction and fitting.  

elmayerle

One question on the TSR-2 main undercarriage.  Since it's been documented that the original design put a lot of "scrub" on the tires ( I believe it was in an Aeroplane Monthly article) has any one looked at what the most probable redesign would have been?  I've been toying with using 1/48 Jaguar struts and geometry with the TSR-2 trucks and wheels.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin