help with windows

Started by Captain Canada, October 04, 2003, 05:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Hey !

I'm building the Airfix 144th scale BAC 1-11.......and it comes sans cabin windows. I've heard of using white ( or PVA, to you lot ! ) glue, and was thinking of smearing it around inside a few openings to see if it works. Also heard of Cyrstal Klear or somat...but can't seem to find it anywhere !

Any other ideas ?

TIA !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Aircav

Isn't Crystal klear and PVA the same stuff ?
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Captain Canada

I tried the white glue...and it worked great ! I thi k I'll paint the entire kit, then I'll put the glue on, and peel off the excess when it dries. Be easier than masking all them little windows !

Cheers !

Toadman...answering his own questions
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

I use Microscale's "Micro Kristal Klear" all the time.  I think you're right: it is mostly white glue but there is something else in it that makes it perform better than white glue.  Great for attaching canopies and light/lenses too.

You can buy it at the link below:

http://www.bare-metal.com/microscale.htm
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ollie

Windows?  Make 'em gun ports and stick a 4 pounder through each!

Argh!

:lol:  

Captain Canada

Yeah...but there's about 25 windows on each side of the 1-11....and only two engines ! :lol:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

lancer

Well you know what to do then, put bigger engines on it. Get rid of the rear pods and stick some bloody big RR engines on under the wings, RB199 or Speys or something in pods. Could look kinda interesting.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Captain Canada

..or  you could put two in place of each one at the back.....as you'd really have to lenghten the u/c, as it's rather a small plane.

Looks alot like the Challenger or Canadair RJ of today.

Besides, mine will be a CAF transport, sporting the flashy white/silver/red w/lightning stripe paint job. Might add AAR pods under the wimgs as well.........

..or maybe not. I may have to build a second one for that, as this one is going to be doing the supply runs to all the 'new' radar sites up North.

Cheers !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Davey B

Go for the 4-pounder option, me hearties! With RB.211's on the stern end! Arr!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: