One for you flying boatheads...

Started by retro_seventies, September 29, 2003, 05:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retro_seventies

Blackburn B20

Bit of a nice "what if" section at the end too....
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Captain Canada

That thing is cool....I've always been intrigued by the design. Looks wicked in the Coastal Command colours !

Toad
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Davey B

Pretty cool, but I always preferred the Short Shetland myself  :wub:

There's a page of pics here: the Shetland Gallery

Dave  B)  

Aircav

Hey, I just realised thats the same canopy as the Stirling.......Derrrrr!! :wacko:  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

nev

cor, she's lovely, in an ugly kinda way  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Aircav

I wonder if I can get away with adding a boat lower half to a Stirling kit  :huh:  ;)  :rolleyes:  

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

retro_seventies

jeez, she's a bit of a biffer....if she could throw javelins she'd be fatima whitbread.
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Captain Canada

That is pretty cool, Daveyboy...what is it, a big brother to the Sunderland ? Was it intended to replace it or somat ?

And do you know Bryan Ribbans of the Seawings site ?
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Davey B

I think the Shetland was intended as a Mackem (or Sunderland, for anyone unfarmiliar with nicknames for English regions) replacement. She does look like a Stirling with boat bits, 'specially the wings and around the tail. Post-war, the MR versions were cancelled and Shorts tried to push for a transport version. This never got very far and the prototypes ended up testing engines for Napier.

I don't know Bryan Ribbans Toad, I just found the Seawings site on my many trawls through the 'net and thought it deserved a bit of exposure. Always happy to help... :D  

Aircav

Quotejeez, she's a bit of a biffer....if she could throw javelins she'd be fatima whitbread.
Oooh!!, you are showing your age  :P  

Sir Sydney Camm

retro_seventies

i'm not THAT old...

its just that when i was a kid, fatima whitbread held near legendary biffer status, as well you know!

git.

:D

Captain Canada

Biffer ? Is that like 'Swiffer ' ™ ?

Huh ? :huh:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

Yet her Javelin throwing companion (Tessa Sanderson) was a babe!

Toad, a biffer is a large proportioned lady.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

lancer

Quotejeez, she's a bit of a biffer....if she could throw javelins she'd be fatima whitbread.

Oh COME ON, that is truely insulting to the plane, it's WAY better looking that Fatima Whitbread, sleeker lines too.  And yeah, I agree Tessa Sanderson was gorgeous. just like Denise Lewis is today... :wub:  :wub:  :wub: . Come to think of it, Fatima could probably throw a proper Javelin as well, probably an FAW9..!!!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

retro_seventies

Tessa sanderson was GORGEOUS?

are you shitting me? i mean, possibly in COMPARISON (direct comparions i hasten to add) to "The Mighty Fatima" tm she's a bit easier on the eye, but my god man...she's hardly a nubian princess.  :blink:

now, katarina witt, THERE was a hot sporty lady, oh yes.  :wub:  :wub:

steffi graf always had a special place in my heart (and drawers) too - bit of a BOBFOC though, right? (body off baywatch, face off crimewatch).

Tessa?

Gorgeous?

craziness.  :ph34r: