R

Naval Flogger strike

Started by raymond, September 23, 2003, 09:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymond

hi folks,
just been refining my photoshop skills, and came up this: a maratime strike by Mig-23K's

hope you guys like  :D

regards
Raymond

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

raymond

hi
thanks nev!

im working on the "story" behind these aircraft, and i was thinking with the close introduction of the mig-29 and su-27k, that if these had of gone into service they woudl have been in the attack role, not the fighter role. what do you think?

lancer

Hey Raymond, great images. Really sweet.  Personally I think that they would have been used it the fighter role, as the MiG 27 would probably have been navalised as that was the dedicated strike version.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

raymond

tru tru
i was think of making it that it entered service as a fighter, but with the arrival of the more capable mig-29 and su-27 it was givin a strike role, in a similar way the f-14 has been used a s a bomber of sorts

lancer

True, but there was a lot of time inbetween the IOC of the Mig23 and the Mig29, so based on that I beleive the '23 would be a very viable fleet fighter.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Captain Canada

Hey Raymond,
    That is cool ! I'm gonna have to try this photo-shopping......I'm doing a couple of projects, like my RCN in the Falklands War, and could use a few 'in flight' type shots !

I think that your 23 would make a fine fighter or attacker.....but starting lifs a s a fleet defender and then later as the attack type when newer birds arrive is a great back story.

Cheers !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

raymond

hi
thanks for the comments  :D
QuoteWar, and could use a few 'in flight' type shots !

well if youve got any photos, send them over all ill have a go if you want!  :D

regards
Raymond

Captain Canada

We could try that, Raymond !

I'll take a few pics soon.....see how it works out.

But I'd really like to learn how to do it myself. It would really spice up a big article, if there were some 'action' shots, to go along with all the statics

Cheers !

Toadman
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

raymond

hi
yea sure i can appreciate that. heres how i go about it, hope it helps!  :)

go into photoshop and select the "old-style" ink pen icon.  THis allows you to plot points, plot a path around the model and when compleate link the points together. the selection line will then change appearance.  Then right click on the bit youve sellected and go MAKE SELLECTION this then puts it onto the clipboard.

open up paint and go PASTE and bingo, theres you model with the backround removed.  now, click on the paint can and make the rest of the page black. youl then knowtice white ring around your plane.  the only way to remove this is to useing the paint brush. its painfull, but seems to be the best way to do it.

go back into photoshop, lassoo your model on its new back round then go to the IMAGE and Brightness and Contrast and make the lighting appropiate for the image.

and your done!  

Captain Canada

Sounds good, Raymond...thanks !

I may give her a try tonite...with the help of the lovely wife, who seems to use that photoshop once in awhile.

Cheers !

Toadman
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie

The magic wand tool is even better.  Double-click, copy, paste and voilĂ !

Nice shot Ray-boy! -_-  

raymond