T

First of the fleet...

Started by The Wooksta!, September 10, 2003, 03:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Deleted

Geoff_B

Hi Wooksta

Sounding good then, i can't believe you've actually started to assemble one as you seemed to be becoming a producer rather than a builder recently !!! - I suppose your awaiting a re-supply drop.

The news gets better & better if you find this new resin alot easier to work with (also supposed to be non-lethal, unlike the other stuff !!!!).

Glad your starting to assemble them as well now, casting all those TSR-2's must have got your fingers itching to build one or eight  :D .

Desert Recce - is that in the Pink or your other scheme !!!! <_<, i hope you get your MEAF version done in time.

Got to varnish my 31 machine ready for decalling some time this week, but both has been taken up with a Vulcan, and the modelling has been getting the P96F going again, working on the wings now.

On the subject of a T3, how does a Tornado canopy sound ? Have a few of those hanging around now.

Cheers

Thor

Ogwash

QuoteVulcan? What are you doing to a Vulcan?

Nah its a normal one for one of my dads mates, that i've been doing slowly for a few years and have resprayed back to the DG/MSG over LAG instead of the DG/DSG scheme i originally tried.

QuoteYou've got four (at least)

Yep that should be four completed ones by the end of the week - hope !!!!, however got the resin cut and prepped on a Fifth and at least two more to build, maybe even another one if things work out OK with a certain persons production. Should also have a Tempest II done as well as the FDIII is going North.

Cheers

GeoffB

Geoff_B

QuoteThor - two complete, three on the go? two in reserve - 7/8 in total

Yep that about right so far, hopefully two will be completed by the weekend and i can get the third one going. I may even try two at once but thats pushing it. If we get a fair number done for the Nationals imagine the shows next year, especially your own North show.  I also want to try and get a few more scratch build done for next year as well, although some may go into supporting Blackbeard enterprises product line.

QuoteA total of about 28

The only trouble is now trying to prevent clashes of schemes, i know you have one or two unique ones lined up !!!, i have a couple in mind that could be done.

Cheers

Thor

Martin H

OK you already know what numbers 1 & 2 look like.  

Number 3  (the ARBA one) is now heading for Early 1980's Marine Flieger two tone grey, decals pinched from ye olde Airfix Panavia MRCA kit (Yes I have a few of those stashed away).

As for number 4. The plan was South African, but im not so sure now......any ideas boys?
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Geoff_B

QuoteAs for number 4. The plan was South African, but im not so sure now......any ideas boys?

Why not  SAAF ?, it seems a logical choice and you should be able to fit AS-30 missiles. Then there are still plenty of RAF options  with regards to squadron markings and operational types. There's always the flashman scheme !!!

Sweedish perhaps, but if you don't fancy their extreme paint job, you can always do a 90's version in a Darker Grey scheme with tonned down markings. France if they found the Mirage IV was crap ?

I've only got my next two figured out so i'm thinking about what other optiona are available, a NASA bird ?

Cheers

Thor <_<  

Geoff_B

OH BUG*ER, thats a nasty surprise, a chemical reaction between the Filler and the new Resin !!!! ( I assume its Humbrol filler). Has Joe had this happen or does he just use milliput ?.

I hope your abke to get to the bottom of this as i know you have spent alot of time and money on these new productions for something like this to happen !!!!

Cheers

Thor :(

Captain Canada

The only trouble is now trying to prevent clashes of schemes, i know you have one or two unique ones lined up !!!, i have a couple in mind that could be done.
So true.....I'm gonna do a CDN bird

I am an ipms member, so you guys shouls be able to indluce my bird, right ? I mean 'eh?'

Also, is it a commonwealth scheme ? Can I send along a USAF Vietnam era Arrow ?

Anyway.......i need wooksta! to email me his partculars on the CDN 2.....as I don't want two the same showing up !

Cheers !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Geoff_B

Quotefor a possible Type 571 initial design.

Fairly easy to do, standard TSR2 fuselage & front end, Vigilante tailfin, modified straight wing with dogtooth leading edge and Phantom style ramp intakes. Remove the bulges from the tailplanes. Overall antiflash white, serial XR219. Would be a nice contrast with the real XR219 on the shelf.

Hi Wooksta

At least your able to salvage something from these mishaps, well you and Gary, as the fuselages are fine perhaps you'll do another VG variant ?.

With the wings, would it be prudent to beef up the lower wing box section forward, as we know thats where the biggest gap is on the fuselage and might give your wings greater strength. Also shold we try a varnish to protect the resin from the filler, perhaps on some scrap pieces first.

Cheers

Thor

Martin H

QuoteWonder if we've enough space for all these things...
At this bloody rate no....

unless we tell every one else to find someware else to put any none TSR items

OH Ive dug out my 5ft x3 ft Union flag and a 4 meter telescopic flag pole, so we can litrally fly the flag.
Unfortunately,

Martin H

QuoteDisaster has struck!

Two of the three aircraft with their wings on (the wings being the newer white resin as opposed to the nasty old Halfords red poo-poo (with an english accent)), have had to have the wings torn off (literally!)  For some bizzare reason, this stuff doesn't like filler in that location.  I've had bubbling on one, and the other the wings bent upward, making it look like a TSR2 crossed with a Klingon bird of prey.
Remember that Hunter transport you passed on to me

I used Revell's filler on the wing joins.  no problems at all
Unfortunately,

nev

QuoteNev - I'll send your bits down next week when I get back from Ibiza.
Cheers mate, I'd nearly forgotten about those Firestreaks.

And who is Terrence Marriot?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

nev

Thanks for the offer of the Skybolts Wooksta, but I didn't want 'em in the end.  

Unless they would've gone on an all White Vulcan, then I could do my airfix one as an almost-real version using the kits 617 all white colour scheme (my preffered scheme).
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ogwash

QuoteUnless they would've gone on an all White Vulcan, then I could do my airfix one as an almost-real version using the kits 617 all white colour scheme (my preffered scheme).

There doesn't sound to be too much wrong with that idea Nev, go for it if when you recieve your Skybolts, as it should look really good. (If SAM ever do their 617 decal set, you could put the lighting strikes on the Skybolts to match the ones on the fin - very appropriate really !!!)

Now can you do it in time for the Nationals ?

Martin H

Did some one say Skybolts?

If u dont want em Nev, Ill gladly take em off Lee's hands.
Unfortunately,