F-104Z

Started by Tophe, September 08, 2003, 08:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Here is a 3-view drawing that I received with a German article that I do not understand. I don't remember exactly but I think I got it from Justo Miranda, the very nice author of the Reichdreams collection ( http://www.luft46.com/rd/rdreams.html ) :) . This comes from the magazine Flugzeuge January 2001. As there are German roundels, I don't understand why this EADS project is not called F-104Z Zwilling-Starfighter... :wub:  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

nev

Well, the original F-104 was little more than an engine with wings.  This thing is 2 engines with wings!  I'd love to see its thrust to weight ratio!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

indydog

Most Excellent!! Thanks Tophe!

Aircav

Oh, yes please  :D  :D  :D  :D
:blink:  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

nev

from the scan you've posted, I take it that the Z in F-104Z stands for "zussamenstellung" (bottom right of piccie).  My scholboy German tells me zussamen is german for together and I think stellung means "thing", so its a "togetherthing"  :D  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

I was wondering about that centre wing too, Ves. It would be allot better if it was a wee bit bigger or fatter, to hold some fuel ! And it does seem a bit extravagant just for the carriage of four Sparrows ! Wonder if it would turn any better with more wing area like that ?

But it sire is cool looking ! Would be a good way to trash some of those Matchbox 'trenchers'

Cheers !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

:) Glad you like her... Some more :  :wub:  

Tophe

And the last picture below...
Now I try to convert the scanned text in letter-text with OCR-trace 6 (nice Canadian software) then I will put this text on Alta-Vista's Babel-Fish and provide you with a draft translation. Maybe...

Tophe

It is too blurred, Ocr-trace cannot convert in text. Will some German-speaking what-iffer (Nev ?) tell us what it is all about ? (this is the beginning, to be continued)...

Tophe

End of my page, it seems the last sentence is not finished but this is all I have...  :unsure:  

nev

Sorry Tophe, my German is very basic, just a few words and phrases I learnt 15 years ago.  I can tell you that Fleugzeug is aeroplane though!  :)  That article is very blurred as well, so I can only make out a few words here and there.  But I still speak very little german!

Tophe

Maybe I will type all the text someday and ask Babel-Fish to translate, but my speed for typing is rather low, and this may take more than one hour... Maybe next week-end. :mellow:  

Aircav

If you un-focus your eyes it makes it a little easier to read.  ;)  :wacko:
:blink:  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

John Howling Mouse

This question goes out to Ollie (the aerodynamicist among us):

As much as we all KNOW how much I looooves me t-tails, wouldn't the closely spaced (yet not connected) t-tails as shown produce massive turbulence against each other?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.