Tail-airplane

Started by Tophe, September 01, 2003, 11:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

A plane as tailplane is a nice idea... As I am focused on 1939-45, could I try a XP-56 on top of booms behind a XB-35 ? Or does someone have a better idea ? :wub:  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

nev

Crikey I am so glad that the world gave up on nuclear powered planes...nuclear bombs & stuff are bad enough but sheesh, talk about a disaster waiting to happen.

Cool looking plane tho, very Gerry Anderson.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

Yeah that is cool...and scary ! I like the look of the little 'jetlette' in the tail ! Too bad they didn't make a model for us...you could come up with all sorts of ideas....

And too right, Nev....that's all you need, one a/c crashing at an airport and killing everybody  for miles !!!!

Toadman
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

Not liking the "terrorist" possibilities either...

:unsure:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

joesus

How about the Martin B-16, a six engine, twin boom design? Turn it into a mistel, with a P-61E as the tailplane. You'd need something long range to get the crew back from 2500 miles away.

Ollie

That nuke-powered thingie, pfff!

"Bla-bla tower, Nuke-Thingie 01, we have an emergency, must dump some fuel to lighten the load"
"Go ahead, Nuke-Thingie 01"

All over the place you'd have kids with three hands with hairy foreheads and palms!

:lol:  

Tophe

Thanks Joesus for the complementary idea, but...
I fear the XB-16 was a 1934 design, rather old, but yes, she might have been updated with a P-61E tail, a few years later. "What-if" is the rule, I agree...
On the atomic twin-boomer above, the tail-airplane was a flying wing, so I would rather use a XP-56 as tailplane, because a twin-boom tailplane would make 4 booms as total count, not twin-booms...
But you are right, it is better to take a real twin boomer like the push-pull XB-16 as a basis, rather than taking a XB-35.
Thanks. :)
    Tophe
PS. Why are people so much afraid of nuclear things, when bombs are not concerned  ? I live 10 miles away from a nuclear electricity factory, and I still have 2 hands only, 1 head, 10 fingers - let me count them again : yes, 10 up to now... Of course, there are risks, and the waste is a lethal poison for the 100,000 years to come, but (the electricity company says) Nuclear does not mean Danger...

Alvis

... but (the electricity company says) Nuclear does not mean Danger...

Gee, why did Tophe's reply just sudenly stop all of a sudden?

As for C-FWOL's "hairy palms" comment, well the resident raving beaver lover is just going to walk away...just walk away!

:o
Alvis

Tophe

Ollie

QuoteStill alive...

Yeah, but in what state!!!   :rolleyes:  :D  

lancer

QuoteQUOTE 
Still alive...

Yeah, but in what state!!!   

Positively glowing I'd say...... :lol:  ;)  :P  :o  :D  :ph34r:  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Tophe

:mellow: Hey, what do you mean ? I am OK, I think...

Alvis

We are at a Pink Twin Boom State of Emergency. Should you hear 2 booms, followed by sightings of pink airplanes, proceed to your emergency chat room! Do not wait for stragglers or JMNs. The alert will be concluded by the radio broadcasting the following satement: "We have found the stash of ancient Aurora kits."
That is all.

Tophe

It has been difficult to read your funny words, dear Alvis. I do not mean my mind is blurred due to dangerous rays (at least this is not yet confirmed), I mean this is English word games, quite hard to follow for a foreigner... In French, twin-boom aircaft is "bipoutre", or "twin-beam" if you want, while sonic-boom is "bang sonique", or "sonic-bang". So "hearing 2 booms" was very difficult to understand at first : hearing 2 beams ??? But, of course, this was hearing 2 bangs... And so the twin-fuselage plane reaching Mach 2.5, in Tony Buttler's "British Secret Projects Vol.2" was a double-boom twin-boom aircraft, thanks for this nice playing with words...
And what is JMN ? I have asked Google and found : Jones Media Networks, Justice Ministries Network, Junta de Misoes Nacionais, Junge Medien Niedersachsen, Jose Manuel Nieto... I fear this is something else, could you explain ? Forgive me if this is something very obvious and well known, making my question completely stupid... JHM is our dear John Howling Mouse, but JMN ?
Thanks.

Captain Canada

We work with radioactive sources at work.....Cs137, Am-Be241 and Ra226, as well as a wee bit of Irridium and our PDK tool, which is Sulphur Hexafloride, and when that thing is powered up.....look out !

I've got two healthy kids and all my parts still work.....so I agree with Tophe ! Not so scary !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?