ONE FOR TOPHE

Started by NARSES2, October 18, 2004, 05:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Just spotted on Hannant's future arrivals page, by RS

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

I am rather surprised... Italian push-pull twin-boomer ? I may check Hannant's site, probably I will, but why don't you say the name of this plane? It may be the Caproni Ca.150 according to me, but I am not sure. I am recorded at Air-Britain-UK as the expert-member for twin-boomers, but I may be wrong...
Thanks for posting this nice art :wub:  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

QuoteIt may be the Caproni Ca.150, but I may be wrong...
Wrong... Even wrong for the country, but I have never been interested by roundels...
I have never heard of this Hungarian one. Double thanks, dear Chris...

Davey B

Oh MAN!

That is niiiice! Looks like some wierd twin-engined Saab 21  :wub:  :wub:  

Tophe

From my friend Paul :

It is the X/V high altitude research fighter designed by
Magyar Kiralyi Repulo Kizerleti Intezet , in short R.K.I
Royal Hungarian Research Institute.

"X" stood for research-kizerleti
"V" stood for fighter - vadusz

X/V Hight altitude research fighter.Low-wing monoplane.
2x D.B.605 engines in tandem.Relatively long span.
Spar : all wood.Wings were near to completition.

The X/V was one of the several R.K.I. projects in 1940

I hope this can help you.(and the other "What iff.." people)

Thanks you all... :)  

Gary

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

me want!
Getting back into modeling

Tophe

Quoteme want!
and Hannants give the very best for it : the announced price is £0.00 ! (don't tell me that means "not yet known", let me dream...)

Tophe

More than one month later: still future alas...

retro_seventies

patience tophe - if it takes the best part of 40 years to get an injection tsr2 you can wait a couple of months for your hungarian twin boomer!  :P  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Tophe

Quotepatience tophe - if it takes the best part of 40 years to get an injection tsr2 you can wait a couple of months for your hungarian twin boomer!  :P
Yes, there is no hurry. I was not waiting this kit for 60 years... Narses2 revealed it completely from the unknown. Sometimes unexpected wonderful things do happen... :)
About TSR2, such a wonderful surprise happened from our TSR-Joe, see below - I respect the 'real' TSR2, but Joe's one is even better : a twin-boomer... :wub:  

Tophe

At last the X/V kit is available! Not cancelled, great! Thanks again Narses2' Chris!
(at http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=RSM72153 )
The designer name Marton is also new, good addition.

As I have so many kits already to build, I fear I will not buy this one in 2005-2006, but in 2007 very probably...

elmayerle

I wonder how a post-war version with Merlins or equivalent Russian engines would look?
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Tophe

With Christmas coming, temptation was high, I was weak...
(Thanks again Chris - not myself but Narses2 ;) )

Tophe

I have received today the Manson X/V (1/72 Czech resin kit of RS models), I am happy... :P
The parts are very clean, like plastic, alas I am not a good modeller and the built result of mine will be poor according to the standards of most of you.
I am very happy ^_^  of the 2-view drawings included (Luftwaffe version, + Hungarian version - see below through my usual viewpoint).

The included story is interesting too :) : 1943 design by Marton (Deszo and Vilmos), coded XV-01, with guns in the booms (and elsewhere), with an ejection seat (different versions are described). Span x Length: 11,8 x 10,2m. Max speed 580km/h - there are other details, less interesting for me. As a whole: a great model kit! :wub:

K5054NZ

Great to hear, Tophe! Brilliant! Please keep us updated! :wub: She looks magnificent.