Chicka-deecals

Started by chickadee, September 22, 2018, 01:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chickadee

Hi folks

I've been working on profiles and decals recently with Spot On Designs/Resins  www.spotondesigns.info

I've enjoyed it so much that I'm going to be to branching into decals under Chicka-deecals shortly and I'm really interested in producing those oddities and obscure,  hard to find ones.

I am wondering if you could help me with my research.

If you had a wish list for decals, what would they be?

Be as obscure and nerdy as possible, you'll find no judgement here.

Thanks for your help..

Karen (Chickadee) McAllister

NARSES2

Wellcome aboard Karen. I'm sure this lot can be very "obscure and nerdy"  ;)

I've put a linked post on the Forumn's initial pages just to make sure people see it.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

How about some Royal Lao Air Force markings?

Sized for both T-28 Trojan and C-47 in 1/72.

Also, if you can print white I have been looking for decals to build Porky Zartmans Filthy Forty in 1/25.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

king of men

I'd love to see some 1:72 markings for military aircraft wearing commercial airliner markings. Personal aircraft, company owned aircraft, general airliner hacks, transport aircraft in airliner markings etc. I know there are some out there, but they are not that easy to find on the net unless you are pretty specific about the airliner and the plane type.
All hail 1:72!
Visit the blog at http://72land.blogspot.com/
Visit 72 Scale Aircraft forum at http://z15.invisionfree.com/72nd_Aircraft/index.php

Rheged

I don't have a specific wish list just at present, but I'd like to welcome you as a new producer, and thank you for your kind offer which is a delightful affirmation of the noble and ancient art of Whiffery.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

ysi_maniac

I would like to see 2 different series on classic/historic subjects: ancient flgs and coat of arms. In my opinion, wargamers will be interested in this kind of decals.

If you do not mind I would like to send you a PM in order to clarify.

Thanks in advance.
Will die without understanding this world.

chickadee

Quote from: king of men on September 23, 2018, 09:01:53 PM
I'd love to see some 1:72 markings for military aircraft wearing commercial airliner markings. Personal aircraft, company owned aircraft, general airliner hacks, transport aircraft in airliner markings etc. I know there are some out there, but they are not that easy to find on the net unless you are pretty specific about the airliner and the plane type.

Do you have any specific examples for me?  You have my interest.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: chickadee on September 26, 2018, 09:01:28 AM

How about a Whiffed Court Line Beverley, for the 1/144 Mikr Mir kit?  ;D ;)

Yes, they really DID have a Bev but never got around to painting it sadly. Any of their pink, orange, green etc. schemes would work well.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

Would HAVE to be Orange, any other colour would be silly on a Bev.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

zenrat

Quote from: chickadee on September 26, 2018, 09:01:28 AM

This page has links to a shed load of A/B 26 Invaders in civilian schemes which should be enough to get you going.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

chickadee

This page has links to a shed load of A/B 26 Invaders in civilian schemes which should be enough to get you going.
[/quote]

Thank you for your suggestion, I think that Whirlybird Decals may be working on these.

Regards
Karen

chickadee

Yes, they really DID have a Bev but never got around to painting it sadly. Any of their pink, orange, green etc. schemes would work well.
[/quote]

The Beverley sounds very interesting.. can you PM and let me know re serial and timescale period, etc

Regards
Karen

JayBee

This is what triggered the idea in my mind.

It was a road legal advert for Outspan Oranges based on the old type mini mechanicals. I saw it once many years ago.

Jim

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

chickadee

[/quote]

HI!  Yes, I am really interested in this - would you mind emailing me or PMing me here if you have the serial, colours etc.  Was speaking to Joe about it earlier.  Excellent suggestion

The Wooksta!

Posted in t'other thread, but still equally relevant:

Yellow code letters and numbers for WWII Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm second line stuff.  No one does any.

Post war Mosquitos and Sea Mosquitos. In addition, a set of markings in 72nd and 48th featuring the codes from "633 Sqn" could be rather fun.

Sheets of serial codes for cancelled aircraft - TSR2, Spiteful, Seafang, etc.  Plus cancelled batches of Spitfires, Sea Furies, Tempests.

That's all off the top of me head for now.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic