E.E. Lightning F.6 1 Squadron, RAF West Raynham 1968

Started by TallEng, July 02, 2018, 07:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TallEng

I've always wondered why No. 1 Squadron never flew Lightnings,
and somehow ended up as mud movers/ground attack.
So I plan to rectify that with this build. There maybe pictures, if Flcker and My iPad can reach an accord.
I'm sure PB was much easier?

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

nighthunter

"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

TallEng

Dunno about imgur have to give it a good looking at.
Meanwhile two other notable fighter squadrons missing from the Lightnings history
Are 43 (black white checkered fin ala 56 Sqn anybody?) and 3 Sqn. Nice emerald green fin?
Might have to check on the lightning stash ;)
Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

TallEng

So me and Flicker seem to be working together at long last, so;
The obligatory box top shot:

Lightning box by Keith Woods, on Flickr

possibly another update later, but it is an out the box build of the new mold Airfix Lightning, and they seem to go together very well,
although I have had trouble with the fuselage join around the nose/intake area. so maybe just pics when its finished.

Regards
Keith

AS.12

If you're struggling with uploading to Flickr from a device, check in your Flickr profile settings for the mail-to address. 

Then you can just select the photos you want in your device's gallery and e-mail them to that address.  It pops them into your Photostream automatically.  I use that when travelling and haven't time to flap around with finding my Flickr password.

Once you dig into that there are nifty hacks to set the visibility levels etc

TallEng

progress picture ;D
The more sharp eyed among you will note there are two Lightnings  :thumbsup:
one can't have enough Lightnings I feel :mellow:
anyway:

Lightnings in preperation by Keith Woods, on Flickr

There you have it (or them) since then some paint has been applied to one of them, got to try and make it look
like natural metal.....

Regards
Keith

Dizzyfugu

TallEng

Just managed a bit more progress to this after a long time of no modelling

Lightning by , on Flickr

only another 100 or so transfers to go  :banghead: if i do all the stencils it will be about 200!!

Regards
Keith
any chance of this being moved to current and finished projects- aircraft please?

NARSES2

Keith can you PM me and then when I get home I will do it for you. I Daren't try and do it on this smart wotsit (predictive txt  :banghead: :banghead:) while I'm away.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TallEng

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 19, 2019, 07:25:20 AM
Moved as requested
there will now be a short pause as I am away working...

Regards
keith

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

AeroplaneDriver

Loving this...as Mossie noted, very subtle whif, but looks soooo good with that white tail/spine. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....