Supermarine Swift F7N

Started by andrewj, May 15, 2018, 09:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewj

Following successful trials with the Fairey Fireflash missile it was realised that the Supermarine Swift F7 could be a useful aircraft for proving other weapons. So, rather than withdrawing the aircraft as was originally planned, they were sent to various experimental  units . Some of the longest lived Swifts were those used by A&AEE Boscombe Down . The aircraft shown was the F7N which was fitted with Blue Fox radar and Aim9 Sidewinder missiles for weapons trials connected to the Sea Harrier.
Between 1976 and 1980 the Swift proved invaluable and provided much useful information in the time prior to Sea Harriers entry into service .

Model is a simple conversion of the Airfix Swift

Andrew

dwomby

I have a soft spot for the poor old Swift and I really love that - both the idea and the excellent build/paint job.

David

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

An EXCELLENT job there. Love the scheme, a sort of early raspberry ripple.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Knightflyer

Well I just like the Swift 'Tadpole' T.8 before seeing this, You certainly know how to do a Swift Justice  ;)
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

The Rat

Luvverly, just luvverly!   :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Dizzyfugu

Nice! I like the pointed nose a lot - reminds me somewhat of a MiG-21, nor certain why?

zenrat

Nice job.  You've certainly improved the look of the nose.
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

That really has come out well  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn Gilbertson

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Paper Kosmonaut

Incredibly realistic. Seeing these Swifts of yours, I start to kind of wish it was true. You actually improved the plane and gave it a real purpose.
dei t dut mout t waiten!

Captain Canada

Oh yeah ! That looks awesome. I have a Swift half built. I didn't know what I wanted to do with it, but now I know what I should have done !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Leading Observer

LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

comrade harps

Whatever.