Airfix 54mm Life Guard 1815

Started by jcf, May 30, 2017, 03:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

We'll see if I can pull it off in the available time. ;D

zenrat

Course you can Jon.  I have faith in your superpowers...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

Nice. Horse and rider in the same box.
You could use the body of one and head/torso from the other and build a Life Guard centaurus!  ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

CANSO

Or make something like this (my favorite fantasy idea - especially the half-mechanized monster!):

Captain Canada

Cool ! Always neat to see things so completely different ! And that zombie/ mecha horse is wild !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Really looking forward to seeing what you do with this Jon.

And Canso, I love that figure you posted
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

CANSO

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 01, 2017, 04:59:02 AM
If you haven't seen those Riders of the Apocalypse before, they are Death Korps of Krieg riders (Warhammer 40000).
I love Uhlans from any historical period, but I guess the more modern ones (WWI) were used as a guide for the above mentioned figures:

jcf

Progressing, fit is the remembered mix of OK and execrable.   ;D

zenrat

Memories of building these are coming back.  Your mention of the fit is ringing a bell.  I didn't use putty back then - would flood tube glue into any large gaps followed by globs of paint.  No sanding either.  They must have looked abominable but I enjoyed building them.
IIRC reins and harnesses are cut from paper?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Librarian

Must say, with those memories including the Bird kits and the Scout Trooper, I'm looking forward to the result. Horses are not easy to paint :banghead:...and at that scale :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Watching with interest.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 02, 2017, 02:12:51 AM

IIRC reins and harnesses are cut from paper?

My memory says very thin shiny plastic sheet ?

Quote from: Librarian on June 02, 2017, 04:11:57 AM
Horses are not easy to paint :banghead:...and at that scale :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Watching with interest.

Very much so. I seem to remember a friend using oils and a sponge but it was all magic to me.

Really looking forward to this one.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: CANSO on June 01, 2017, 08:34:37 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 01, 2017, 04:59:02 AM
If you haven't seen those Riders of the Apocalypse before, they are Death Korps of Krieg riders (Warhammer 40000).

Thank you, really interesting  :thumbsup:

jcf

Cheers folks.

Tack and trooper's equipment straps are indeed to be cut from thin sheet plastic,
which never conforms to the horse or rider.
:banghead:

Haven't decided yet whether I'll use thin foil or just cut the templates out of the
instructions and use them as is, the paper is only slightly thinner than the plastic,
smooth and coated, and more flexible than the styrene.
:thumbsup:

Captain Canada

The paper sounds like a good option. The kit is looking good as well !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?