Romulan D7 Sensor Ship

Started by Mossie, May 30, 2017, 06:10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

I'm late to the party due to a long weekend trip to take the kids Chester zoo.  I had my mind up and had to ditch it as I somehow hadn't factored in the three days I'd be missing.  I had a good chunk of the stash out and finally chose a Klingon D7, the Polar Lights 1/1000 kit.  Snap together, but that's a bit misleading, there are a few parts that are going to need bludgeoning into position and there will be plenty of seams to fill.

I find Klingon ships are a little neglected in the Trek universe, the same basic D7 has undergone nothing more than minor tweaks in over a hundred years.  The neck area is especially useful for mounting all kinds of stuff.

I spent last night raking through the spares bin to find any greeblies that I could use, the only work I did on the kit was cleaning up the chrome parts with some oven cleaner.

This one will be Romulan, a sensor ship for patrolling territory away from the neutral zones.  The Romulans never really liked their D7's/Stormbirds and used the on sufferance, the idea for this one is some survived a while longer in niche roles.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

Ta Cap! :thumbsup:

Sprue shots, plus a few selected greeblies, some I may use, some I may not:

Where I am so far, main hull and impulse engines together.  Hopefully I'll have it the kit done tonight.  It didn't want to go together very well with a dry fit, ironically being a snap kit once I added a bit of poly glue the parts all settled nicely.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

zenrat

Quote from: Mossie on May 30, 2017, 06:10:45 AM
I'm late to the party due to a long weekend trip to take the kids Chester zoo...

Did you also bring them back?
;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mossie

If you look on their Twitter feed you'll notice Chester is very proud to be the first zoo in the world to receive two very rare hairless apes.... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mossie

PSR done, first round.  I should have found a kit that needed less attention, might have to skip the next round.  I'd post pics, but I'm off to bed.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on May 30, 2017, 11:49:45 PM
Quote from: Mossie on May 30, 2017, 06:10:45 AM
I'm late to the party due to a long weekend trip to take the kids Chester zoo...

Did you also bring them back?
;D

I'm getting really concerned as that was my first thought on reading this as well  ;)

Coming on well Mossie
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Cheers Chris. :thumbsup:  Photos from last night after PSR:

I sprayed it with primer in an attempt to save some time to work out where I needed more filer.  Lots of places. :unsure:

Real life has raised it's ugly head, the washing machine has given up the ghost and spat it's contents under the kitchen units, so I've got to see to that before I can do any more modelling.   :banghead:

Mossie

Pulling out I'm afraid.  Too much to do in too little time and I'd like to give the sensor array that I've got planned a bit more consideration.

NARSES2

That's a shame. Still real life comes first.

Do you want me to switch the build to the "normal" build section of the site mate ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

This is looking awesome. Tough news about RL stuff but that's the way it goes sometimes!

-Sprues McDuck-

Mossie

Cheers guys. There's a very slim chance I'll complete on time so it wasn't worth staying up to the wee hours.

Chris, yes, if you could shift it into the main forum that would be great. :thumbsup:

NARSES2