F-18W flying wing

Started by Tophe, February 02, 2017, 09:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

For Valentine's day, I have ordered for my wife a warm coat and she nicely ordered for me a model: Hornet 1/144th...
My intention is to remove the tail and put on the wing asymmetric double "fins":

Thanks to dogfighterZen, that may have inspired this with his twin-tail Viper coded F-16W... see http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,39268.90.html
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

DogfighterZen

So good to know that i inspired you, Tophe! :bow:
Now, that is a different layout... I'd put the bigger tails on the outside but i'm a symmetry freak, and i like it when people aren't afraid to derive from the norm like you. This should be very interesting! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Tophe

Thanks Master!
(signed: a shy follower) ;)

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Tophe

I have received the kit today. It is not yet Valentine's day, so I am not going to start building but I opened the box to check the content:

Tophe

Yesterday we celebrated Valentine's day, so today I have started: ;)

Tophe

Close to completion... (I will not paint it: grey is a good camo for flying in the clouds)

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

Cool ! Love that little kit.

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

Sounds good to me!   I bet you could drive some people NUTS with the asymmetric fins at model shows.    ;D ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Quote from: TheChronicOne on February 17, 2017, 12:00:39 PM
Sounds good to me!   I bet you could drive some people NUTS with the asymmetric fins at model shows.    ;D ;D ;D

Oh yeah, the expression on JMN's faces would certainly be fun to watch... :wacko:
As this is the F-18W, i'd say it's Wooking vewy good, Tophe! ;D :thumbsup:

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

Thanks a lot!
Well, my 1/144th model of the F-18W is now finished! Enjoy before it (and me) explode, as the scale 1 one is top top secret and I had no authorization at all to show this... :-\ ;D

TheChronicOne

You saying you built in a self destruct mode on your plane?!   ;D  :o

Looks good!   :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

I am just sharing an innocent harmless toy, but FBI/CIA will make me explode I think ;)