ARSENAL VG 33 Chinese air force 1/72 Replica resin kit

Started by marco, March 18, 2012, 04:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marco

hello. As you may know, Chinese governement has ordered in 1938 some Morane Saulnier 406 fighters and Potez 633 light bombers. But the planes never arrived (most of the Potez 633 were used during Battle of France), and the Morane Saulnier and 1 or 2 potez 633, were stopped in indochina, and served during the Franco-Thaï war (déc 40/jan 41), under french vichy air force in indochina (colonial name of Cambodge/Laos/Vietnam) flag. this is the History.
Now imagine that the Allied succeed to stop the german Army in the north of France (it works once in 1914...), France still have industry to support the war effort (but of course the USA are main "dealers" of weapons).
The chinese pilots fought the Japanese with MS 406, and ask something more powerful, france has sold Arsenal VG 33.
Here's one, waiting his US radio and browning 0.30 machine gun, under the Japanese's "blitz" (you can see the droïds of clone war, support the Japanese's attacking chinese/clone base... well that's may be too whatif..)

Well Replica(CMK or CMR)'s resin kit is not the best 1/72 kit for Arsenal VG 33 (Pegasus and Azur did better injected plastic)... And i've got an huge problem with vacform canopy..

NARSES2

Always liked the Arsenal family of fighters. Never ever thought about Chinese though - great idea  :thumbsup:

The Azur kit is a nice one, built my one as French AF Battle of France
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

marco

Thanks!
Yes i've saw your VG 33 , nice one!!! :thumbsup:
here's a link (all in french) a (very) nice job of Gaëtan Oddou, he did most of the Arsenal VG propellers serie (1/72 scale), some didn't existed in kits, so he scratch them... and  his what if masterpiece is the unicraft arsenal Vg 60 (page 6)

http://www.master194.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=44564&hilit=arsenal+VG&start=125

NARSES2

Thanks for that link. That is absolutely stunning  :wub: Just shows what can be achieved with a Unicraft kit
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

tc2324

Very well done and looks right in those Chinese colours.  :thumbsup:
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!