What the Luchs ?

Started by Captain Canada, January 11, 2010, 01:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Hi everybody ! Due the generosity, and pure lunacy of our dear friend Gary this is my first project in the SSGB.

Lots of fiddly bits under there, I tells ya !

In case anybody was wondering why I cut a big hole in the front, it's so this Kettenfoogard can fit in there.

These guys will also be incorporated into the mix....

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

buzzbomb

double   :blink: :blink:

I am now intrigued as to how this will all go together.

I watch. I wait.

B777LR

Giant land-battleship with own fighter and kettenkraftrad?

Weaver

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 11, 2010, 01:42:00 PM

Lots of fiddly bits under there, I tells ya !

Think that's bad? The 1/72nd version has pretty much the same level of detail....... :blink:

Anyhow, intriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiguing...............<we really need a popcorn smiley>
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

Thanks for the comments, guys !

Here's how I'm making the crew cab. Take a thick piece of styrene, cut out the clear for the windows, then sandwich it between a thinner piece of styrene.

There's Fritz in the driver's seat. Hans and Franz ( they're twins ! Who knew..... :banghead:) are very happy with their new grey pants and knee high boots. The seats were robbed from a Blackhawk.

Started the camo on the Komet. Also a few of my notes. I'm gonna finish this one, Nev...I promise !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Not a big update today...another busy hockey weekend !

Here's the interior so far. Seats are all formed and ready to paint. Found myself a driver, built up the dash with some bits and a stearing wheel, and cut out the hole in the cab roof for the gunner. I have also purchased the Tamiya tank maintenance crew set to populate the diorama.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 17, 2010, 06:25:37 PM
Not a big update today...another busy hockey weekend !

What a game between the Wings and Hawks eh?  Gutted when we lost the SO... :(
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

And the day before as well...even tho Dallas didn't actually score !

The boy had the Silver Stick tourney here in town. They went 0-3 to get beat out, but it was the Atom and Midget Silver Stick so there was plenty of good hockey to watch this weekend...both on and off tv !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

Don't get me started...I'm sick and tired of the Wings being screwed on instant replay.  Its meant to stop howlers by the refs, not create them! :banghead:

Hows the boy getting on?

Captain Canada

His coaches just quit, so the team is in transition at the moment. I think for the better. He's doing really well, tho...better skater/shooter/passer than me already ! But then again, that's not saying much...... :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

retro_seventies

Toad!

Yer crazy, i tells ya!  Not quite sure what you're doing here, but i'm hooked....it's certainly LUCHSing good!  (hahahaha?0

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

nev

Hey-hey, look who it is folks!  Long time no see :)

Captain Canada

Hey hey hey is right ! Howdy, stranger !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?