What-ifing a 1/32 Mustang

Started by Tophe, September 19, 2009, 10:33:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

In 1977-78 probably (my JMN years, 14 year old), I built this 1/32 P-51D, and during many home-moving, only the propellers have been broken away. Now it stands (on the wall) almost correct but... not what-if enough.
So I am going to "improve" the tail. With an inverted V addition. As P-51^.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

Brian da Basher

Yowsa that's wickedly cool, Tophe! I look forward to watching your progress on this very intriguing project.
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Captain Canada

The original is a nice peice of work, Tophe ! Be sure to save a few pics of her before she's gone forever !

And as an aside to the new tail, it looks like the ground crew can just throw a tarp over it and have a place to stay !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

Thanks for the comments, friends. ;D  I will do it probably next week-end. With putty and sanding the week after, then painting again the whole tail (all yellow probably). :smiley:

Tophe

Here is the weekend and, uh... my workbench has been invaded by shared with
my dear wife... :blink: :huh: ;D

Tophe

Standing back on the wall (waiting for completion):

Tophe

Detail: as I dislike >:( nationalism, as I dislike >:( the acute Western racism of giving back the Palestine to the Hebrews without giving back the USA to Native Americans... the N.A. P-51D of the USAF has become Native American P-51V of the UTAF (United Tribes Amerindia Force) :blink:

Tophe

Well, I have let the USAF roundel on the (weaponless) asymmetric Singalina improved by my wife, towing a Filipino Bacolod-Mascara souvenir...

Tophe

:huh: My can of yellow paint is empty, so the P-51V will not wait  >:( for another order and envoice, but probably have a white tail, and I will put white covers also on machine guns, as I am a naive crazy pacifist, sorry... :blink: :wacko:

Tophe

The first coat of white paint is on the tail, and the deadly claws have been discarded and covered with a gentle (peaceful white) glove. :blink:

Tophe

A detail of the pilot face, bright orange :huh:  >:( , reveals that I was not completely a true-JMN :wacko: (no more flesh paint, aw, too bad, I will take another color ;D ). And that is absolutely perfect now (32 years later) for the what-if story of the "improved" "moralized" model : this is not a white US pilot at all, this is a red-skin Amerindian pilot... :blink:

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on September 26, 2009, 07:46:14 AM
P-51V of the UTAF (United Tribes Amerindia Force) :blink:
With no gun anymore, the UTAF is no more a Force but a Flight or Firm or... I don't know :blink:

Brian da Basher

I like the peaceful, white gloves, mon ami! I always appreciate your un-warlike approach to What-If.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Tophe

;D Thanks Brian, and she is now completed: